New Scotch.... can't wait!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive seen this at my uncles house but havent tried any of it, my brother drinks with the guy, an old rancher who likes his scotch and alot of them seem to have Glen in the name. Figured he just likes the water better from wherever their made from. He's 94 and he would probably slap ya too if ya didnt drink it neat with him. Im more afixed to the smoother taste of my fave Kentucky bourban, a few different American whiskeys and the occasional Canadian whiskey. Plus Im cheap.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks good... let us know how you like it. I got some Glenmorangie 18 last month and like it a lot. I've never been a smoker, but I commend your defiance of the embargo... that is the American way! :patriot:

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really can't go wrong with Glenmorange. They're probably my favorite producer that I've come across. Their 10yr is great, their 18 is nice, but their 12 year wood finishes are stellar. Their special runs are also really nice, but a little too pricey for me to stock. I haven't tried the one you have. How much was it and what store has it?

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stick to the beast and vinyl floors then. A top shelf scotch and a slow burn are acquired tastes my friend.

Scotch and smoke breath..great combo for the ladies i bet.
On a serious note...I like Beam 8 star or milwaukee's best.
Spilled scotch on the vinyl floor once, before we got it wiped up with towels it bleached the floor..this was less than 1 minute
Ruined the floor...I never drank any scotch..that was the first attempt and last.
I started smoking when i was 12
It made my butt hurt, so i also quit when i was 12.:)

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to go rocks, then went with a splash (still do for a few of the harsher ones), now I'm just drinking neat room temp. Lovin' it! I'll probably try this new one tonight. Headed to OKC for the weekend.

My problem with rocks was that they tended to water down my whiskey too much, but I liked whiskey cool. I bought one of those ice cube trays that makes a HUGE ice cube (2" cubed) and it's the perfect solution. An ice cube that big keeps the whiskey cool and the flavor profile changes slowly as you drink because it takes a long time for the cube to melt.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My problem with rocks was that they tended to water down my whiskey too much, but I liked whiskey cool. I bought one of those ice cube trays that makes a HUGE ice cube (2" cubed) and it's the perfect solution. An ice cube that big keeps the whiskey cool and the flavor profile changes slowly as you drink because it takes a long time for the cube to melt.

Hmmmm ... now you've tempted me to venture away from my typical neat drink ... in the heat of the summer I admit I've longed for a touch of cool at times ...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom