New signs on previous unposted businesses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm starting to run into places that were not posted before the open carry law passed. My doctors office has a new very big no carry sign, the Nursing home my mother is in has no carry sign and even our little Blair All American gas station and place to get something to eat has posted no guns on their door. I've printed up more no guns= no money business cards to hand out but it's so frustrating to see previous unposted businesses posting their doors. I don't wish harm on anyone but in the case that someone gets hurt in a posted business I hope they get publicly sued out of business. If they are going to prevent people from protecting themselves then I think they should take the responsibility to protect their customers. Of course I won't be their customer but I don't like it.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's kind of a jerk thing to do, but there is no law in CA against ignoring these "no guns" signs. If you are discovered all they can do is ask you to leave, if you refuse it's trespassing(nothing more). Although I do know some states make it a crime to ignore these signs(not sure if OK is one of them). I am going to have to brush up on OK laws since I will be moving back soon.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's kind of a jerk thing to do, but there is no law in CA against ignoring these "no guns" signs. If you are discovered all they can do is ask you to leave, if you refuse it's trespassing(nothing more). Although I do know some states make it a crime to ignore these signs(not sure if OK is one of them). I am going to have to brush up on OK laws since I will be moving back soon.

I believe it's the same here

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Give it 6 months.

Just like in '95 when the no guns signs went up for CCW almost all eventually came down.

This knee jerk reaction to OC too will pass.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Place where I get insurance also put up a no weapons sign. I went in and talked to the guy working and he said it was his owners decision . I asked him if I came in concealed would he have a problem with that. He told me that it would be fine if I was concealed. And of course I gave him a big thank you for that.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fix is in the works. In the meantime, print and give them this letter.

Pick low hanging fruit first, it will help build your confidence. Every success teaches me what I did right, and every other teaches me what I could have done better.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Harps Grocery in Ft Gibson recently put up gun buster signs, but it appears that they have reconsidered, the wife talked to the manager today, and he told her the policy is to go with what the state considers legal, which includes CC and OC. Gun buster signs are gone.

Good for them!

Latest posts

Top Bottom