NEW! Two-Tone Walther PPK/S .22 LR Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm diggin it.

I don't think I really fooled anybody, the paint on my black one was starting to chip in spots so I sprayed it with paint remover, took some Flitz and q-tips, some rags, and some of that metal wadding polish, and about 45 minutes of elbow grease, and voila, a new look. Not bad though and no more of that painted finish to chip off.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Paint on a Walther??????? Carl's turning over in his grave!!

Yeah, the "new" PPK/S models, at least the black ones, out of Ft.Smith Arkansas have either paint, or some such finish, that runs right off when spayed with paint remover. So I Flitzed the crap out of it. Now I have a two-tone! Roll Carl, Roll!

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion: Hold a lighter under the engraving on the left hand side. It'll blacken up nicely. Wipe off the slide. You'll have some really nice black lettering on the thing. Should look pretty good against that shiny background.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion: Hold a lighter under the engraving on the left hand side. It'll blacken up nicely. Wipe off the slide. You'll have some really nice black lettering on the thing. Should look pretty good against that shiny background.

Well Dang if I won't give that a try. And if I don't screw it up, I'll post a pic. Thanks my man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom