New vehicle plate anti-photography device to fight back against speed cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I read the law in question and don't think this would violate it. I'm sure it would still be visible to someone looking at the plate even as the flash went off.

I despise traffic light cameras. Just another tool of Big Brother to keep tabs on its subjects.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read the law in question and don't think this would violate it. I'm sure it would still be visible to someone looking at the plate even as the flash went off.

I despise traffic light cameras. Just another tool of Big Brother to keep tabs on its subjects.

1113 only came to my attention because someone on here was talking about how they sometimes ticket and search vehicles because of the plate covers (like the OU frames that go around them).

Of course, like a lot of stuff, it depends on how bad you piss off the feller at the other end of that clipboard.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have absolutely no qualms with the idea behind it, but I seriously doubt that it would work. If the sensor is detecting the flash, the picture's being taken. If it uses xenon flash tubes to "blind" the camera, the time it would take for the voltage to kick up enough light to light the tubes to full brightness would probably take longer than the picture would take to, well, take. So the end result would probably be a perfectly exposed picture of your plate with the beginning stages of arcing inside the flash tubes on the device. LEDs would be faster to light up, but even then, that would have to be one quick system to beat the camera.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does indeed run afoul of 1113.A.2. Could get you out of speed/turnpike/red light cameras, but can very easily get you for covered tag.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read the statute.

It's my interpretation, as well as many area judges and prosecutors. Hey, you wanna buy and use it go ahead. Just play by big boy rules and take your licks.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your interpretation. The tag would still be visible to anyone looking at it, just not the camera.

From what I read, Texas had similar verbiage about the plate being "covered". They had to implement a change specifying "significantly obscured" because the Texas LEOs were going nuts with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom