NEWBIE with a question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatguywithdiabetes

New to the site!
Reaction score
Sorry in advance if this has already been answered, please send me to the right thread if one exists.

Having a Conceal Weapon License in the state of Oklahoma, I was told that unless there is a "gun-buster" sign, we are legally able to conceal in and out of establishments. Does anyone know the law on the OKC airport? The only sign I saw was a "no smoking" sign. Also the Ford and Cox Centers do not have a "gun-buster" sign as best I can tell. Anyone know or can point me to where the answers are?

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me help you on two fronts here...

First, try using the search function of the board. It will help you out with a lot of questions.

Second, with respect to the "gun buster" signs. Oklahoma law does not honor the "gun buster" sign has holding any legal right. An establishment, whether they have a sign or not, can ask you to leave their establishment for having a weapon. If you don't comply you are trespassing and that is against the law.

Ford Center/BOK Center. These are not prohibited areas unless a professional sporting event is taking place. However, they may still require you to either put it in your vehicle or deny entrance if they know you have it for say a fishing show. If you don't comply, see above. Use the search function to see more detailed discussion on this topic.

Airports...use the search a lot of opinions on this one.

fatguywithdiabetes

New to the site!
Reaction score
Wow, the lawyer they had at H and H must not have known what he was talking about. Let me get this straight. Gun buster sign or not, if the business doesn't want you there, they have to ASK you to leave? No law broken at that time? And only if you don't leave, are you trespassing? I understood it to be a gun buster sign was an immediate misdemeanor if you walked in?

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My understanding, though not based directly on any official legal source, was that you only guilty of trespassing if you were asked to leave and refused.

Now, there does not have to be a "gunbuster" sign to make it illegal for places that are off limits by statute such as government buildings, professional sporting events, bars, and etc.

Thor20003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing you have not attended the class yet. If so, go ask for your money back. Not to be rude, but you really need to read and understand the law yourself. There are alot of people that claim to know alot more than they actually do about the subject.

And Yes, if that is what the Lawyer at H and H said, he was talking out of his a$$.

T

getchurgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told by the person teaching my CC class that "gunbuster" signs do not prohibit you from entering the business. As a matter of fact he stated the signs at 7 Eleven just meant they did not want him to carry his Beretta 92 F into their establishment. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom