SPAM calls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been getting calls for about 10 years (I've had the same number since I lived in Texas) and they still don't seem to grasp the fact that there isn't anyone named "Ada" anywhere in my house. I've learned that if it's not a local number to Oklahoma calling me, it's probably a spam call.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been getting calls for about 10 years (I've had the same number since I lived in Texas) and they still don't seem to grasp the fact that there isn't anyone named "Ada" anywhere in my house. I've learned that if it's not a local number to Oklahoma calling me, it's probably a spam call.

In the past, I've had the same tendency of ignoring calls from out of state if I don't have someone I know that lives there. However, today I got a call and the info on the screen said NYC, but I went ahead and answered it anyway. Turns out, it was a robocall (which I almost hung up on) wanting me to confirm my appearance for my eye injection this Friday. That was something I needed to do, so I did. At least I had the presence of mind to go ahead and listen to that robo-message.

In the past, we found out that OU Medical seems to have their billing done by someone in one of the eastern states instead of being local. So sadly, more and more companies appear to be "farming out" duties that they used to do themselves.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG, talk about spammers.

My retirement starts Friday. Logged in to Social Security and then Medicare.

My phone hasn't stopped ringing. Every insurance salesman in the State must be linked to the application site.

I ask 1 question, is this an Advantage plan? Then follow with, IF I want info, I will call you. I have your name, repeat it to them, call me again and I will sue for harassment.
They don't care, most are out of country boiler rooms who use the State and National Do Not Call Lists to wipe their asses. Worse, nobody cares, not the AG, Not the Insurance Department, not the FCC, not the BBB. All you can do is buy a call blocker and set to work. Of course they will retaliate by using your number for their caller ID and then you get calls from all over the country wanting to know why you called them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom