SPAM calls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok,
Here's the deal. I am having to take care of two personal issues that arent really relevant to my gripe. When this organization calls me it can come from several different phone numbers so I can't really create a contact for them, fooking stupid telecom crap. I am having to answer every single call. If your org utilizes a call-center type operation and uses either a VPN or POTs line, and you are a legitimate org you can setup the ID sig to send a single phone number unless you are a potato!!

Usually I set my phone to silence unknown callers and it goes right to voicemail

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate those calls. I'm in the same boat. I have one company that continually calls asking for "Peggy." I tell them "she can't talk right now because her mouth is full, my d___ is in it." I won't tell you what I say on other calls, it is much, much, much worse. However there are fewer and fewer calls...

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
about 10 years ago i had someone steal my identity/credit card info, and bought like 6 brand new iPhones with that info. I still get collector calls about it, even though it isn't on my credit. my last call that I got the customer service rep asked if "beverly" was there. I said no, she was suspicious, understandably. People lie to collectors all the time. I calmly and coolly explained what happened, and told her that I would really like to know what other information she had on her, and that I was specifically interested in the address she had down for her, so that I could have a chat with beverly. She got a little weird, heard her doing some furious typing on the keyboard, and stated, "sir, i'll just let you go". Haven't gotten a call or email about it since.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on my mood, I will;

1. Ignore it
2. Answer and keep them on the line as long as possible; asking them repeat, agreeing and changing mind, not understanding ........
3. See how long it takes to make them mad and they hang up. When they say I'm a racist, vulgar PoS, I know I have achieved my goal.

I hate them. Since Wif's cancer, I get a lot of calls from her Drs and related providers. Unless ID tags as SPAM, I must answer.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use to play around with them but got tired of it, but when i was working i had to answer every call not knowing who was calling but now that work is behind me where someone is paying me if the caller isnt in my address book then i dont answer most i just hang up on but some i will just ignore and see if they leave a message, for people i have to deal with but dont want to add to my phone i just tell them to send a text stating their name and business and a # and will call them back when i can.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When in the mood, I just say 'hold on I'll get him'. Then just lay the phone down. Amazing how long some will wait for a live person.
When I get those text asking if I still own the property, I just text back, 'Obama Blows'.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMG, talk about spammers.

My retirement starts Friday. Logged in to Social Security and then Medicare.

My phone hasn't stopped ringing. Every insurance salesman in the State must be linked to the application site.

I ask 1 question, is this an Advantage plan? Then follow with, IF I want info, I will call you. I have your name, repeat it to them, call me again and I will sue for harassment.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had roofers cold calling me to repair our hail damage and I had no clue who they were. Not even sure how they got my info but knew we had hail damage and a claim filed with our insurance. After telling a few we already had a contractor, no follow up calls.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About a month ago, I started answering the spam calls in a real strong authoritative voice:
Kay County Sheriff's office.........(long pause), Kay County Sheriff's office, can we help you?
I get either a hang-up or a sorry, wrong number.
My spam calls have really gone down to almost zero.

Latest posts

Top Bottom