Newt (it's different when I get paid) Gingrich?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gingrich defends big contracts with Freddie Mac

[Gingrich's history at Freddie Mac began in 1999, when he was hired by the company's top lobbyist, Mitchell Delk. He was brought in for strategic consulting, primarily on legislative and regulatory issues, the company said at the time. That job, which paid about $30,000 a month, lasted until sometime in 2002.

In 2006, Gingrich was hired again on a two-year contract that paid him $300,000 annually, again to provide strategic advice while the company fended off attacks from the right wing of the Republican Party.

Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae for years had been under scrutiny from Republicans on Capitol Hill who opposed government involvement in the mortgage business and wanted to scale back the companies' size and impose tough regulation.]

http://news.yahoo.com/gingrich-defe...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you see what's going on here? The main stream/lame stream/drive by/state run media are setting each of the GOP candidates up as "the next big thing" just to throw mud at them so they'll steer the sheeple towards the one they want to see go up against BO. I know it happens every election cycle, I've just never seen it done so brazenly.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was hired as a consultant to tell them what was wrong.
His recomendations were ignored.

Exactly. And once again the execs at Fannie and Freddie are getting huge bonuses for losing huge amounts of money. All at the taxpayers expense of course.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can totally believe that Freddie Mac execs paid Newt 1.6 million dollars over a period of several years to keep telling them what they didn't want to hear.
I mean, what other explanation could there be?:anyone:

That's probably why he collected 37 million from the health care industry too. :hithead:

Latest posts

Top Bottom