Next time you flash your lights at someone to get over think about this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, OHP had a "hunting blind" setup at the first bridge east of the Turner Turnpike midway toll booth. On the westbound side, there was a large wooden box on stilts with a hole cut in it. A OHP officer was sitting there with a radar gun. When I passed under the bridge there were around 6 OHP cruisers parked off the highway. The last time I saw it was the week before Christmas. It is quite a setup.

Nice. The state could use the revenue generated by the revenue blind.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
... Be it hiding behind a bush with radar or cruising in an unmarked, I can't help but think the public's actual safety would increase with a clearly visible, marked police car in traffic. There, I said it. Now, to put my flame suit on.

I wonder if that's why some people believe it's all about rev gen?? :giveup:

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, OHP had a "hunting blind" setup at the first bridge east of the Turner Turnpike midway toll booth. On the westbound side, there was a large wooden box on stilts with a hole cut in it. A OHP officer was sitting there with a radar gun. When I passed under the bridge there were around 6 OHP cruisers parked off the highway. The last time I saw it was the week before Christmas. It is quite a setup.

Its awesome to see the lengths the OHP will go to protect all of us citizens!

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yep they got me , 88 in a 75.

I think it had something to with the import car show.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously. I don't remember his name. He lived in Moore. He took the rifle and I drove up to his house and picked it up in a few days.

The fact is I have been stopped quite a few times over the years (not so much in the last 10), and except for two experiences, I have never had bad experiences. In fact, I've actually made a couple of friends.

Nobody likes to be stopped. But, Jesus, get a grip! It's not like we're in New Mexico where they haul you out of your car and sodomize you on the side of the road. They are just human beings doing a tough job. Like all people, some are good, some are not so good. That's any profession.

fify.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if that's why some people believe it's all about rev gen?? :giveup:

Revenue generating incidents also produce situations where the police nab criminals on severe offenses. For instance, my neighbor was caught by OHP speeding, and since she had an outstanding warrant she went to jail, with an additional charge for drug possession. Having seen the way she drives, I feel safer already.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geez guys, a bit early for butting heads...

I just leave my left turn signal & high beams on when I'm exploring 5th gear on I-44 in the wife's 911C.
I have an agreement with the OHP guys that work the stretch. They promise to not make me "Eat asphalt" (whatever that means) as long as I keep it under 140. I'll try...

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Revenue generating incidents also produce situations where the police nab criminals on severe offenses. For instance, my neighbor was caught by OHP speeding, and since she had an outstanding warrant she went to jail, with an additional charge for drug possession. Having seen the way she drives, I feel safer already.

I wonder if that severe criminal could have been nabbed in her living room after politely knocking on the door?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Believe it or not I agree with you guys on the unmarked cars. Drivers around me are MUCH MUCH MUCH better behaved when I am in my patrol car than when I am in my POV or an unmarked unit. Better behaved = safer imho.

This is why you post motorcycle units blatantly running radar in plain view in school zones it just works see it almost every day at work. They still write plenty of tickets to generate revenue too many assholes with their cell phone in hand oblivious to the world around them.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that dude must have turned the spring a few more times to get that prius up that fast, I got pulled over yesterday and got a warning because I didn't see the sign and the trooper gave me a warning and then that sorry SOB told me to have a nice day and drive safe I can't believe some people. He was really nice and professional and didn't go crazy about my gun like the last guy did I have noticed that the troopers I have dealt with lately are a lot more calm than the ones I had dealings with in the past.

Latest posts

Top Bottom