Next time you flash your lights at someone to get over think about this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe you are talking about Charlie Wells. He was OHP and did gunsmithing on the side (retired now). He walked my wife down the aisle at our wedding. And yes....that sounds exactly like something Charlie would do. Great guy!

I work with Charlie Wells right now, he works for security for my company. Hell of a nice guy for sure.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
This is why you post motorcycle units blatantly running radar in plain view in school zones it just works see it almost every day at work. They still write plenty of tickets to generate revenue too many assholes with their cell phone in hand oblivious to the world around them.

They should get ticketed for being oblivious too. And that ticket should be bigger than speeding.

Going too fast for a given scenario is usually the result of some other traffic issue.

Speed is relative. Going 100mph on I-70 in Kansas? You could kill yourself; big whoop. Going 55 on an unstriped street with houses on it? You could kill someone else, likely a child; go to jail, lose license.

Traffic penalties should be based on the likelihood of that offense causing death or injury to someone else.

A Prius? He should have cited him for the smug cloud. That is some funny stuff there.

I can absolutely see why LE would run sanitized units for traffic enforcement. As GC said, the potential assclowns behave around marked units (except when they have their light bars on), but stupid driving is rampant and some of these people NEED cited. If you are driving reasonably I don't think those mean ol' police will bother you much. The few times I have been stopped were for valid reasons, everyone behaved in a civil and professional manner, and I went on my way. This includes a few stops by the Border Patrol.

There are a lot of people who lose their manners when they strap on a motor vehicle. Some of them require a friendly lesson. Let the butthurt flow.

Agreed

Hah! (Note, add to been's thread). There ought to be a volunteer program, where ordinary citizens can mount police-approved dash-cams, and submit the videos for a cut of the take. Some people have been too lucky. People who need to be taken off the streets.

Wouldn't I love to be able to that!

I drive State Highway 10 south of Ft Gibson every day. It's 55 (some parts should be 65, but that's not the point). I go 55 on it. I get passed by some clowns like I'm standing still. One guy in a Ford Explorer passed me in the fog, in a no passing zone, like I was parked. I wrote his tag number down and had OHP dialed before I realized nothing would happen.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They should get ticketed for being oblivious too. And that ticket should be bigger than speeding.

Going too fast for a given scenario is usually the result of some other traffic issue.

Speed is relative. Going 100mph on I-70 in Kansas? You could kill yourself; big whoop. Going 55 on an unstriped street with houses on it? You could kill someone else, likely a child; go to jail, lose license.

Traffic penalties should be based on the likelihood of that offense causing death or injury to someone else.

Agreed

Wouldn't I love to be able to that!

I drive State Highway 10 south of Ft Gibson every day. It's 55 (most parts should be 65, but that's not the point). I go 55 on it. I get passed by some clowns like I'm standing still. One guy in a Ford Explorer passed me in the fog, in a no passing zone, like I was parked. I wrote his tag number down and had OHP dialed before I realized nothing would happen.

Fixed part of it for you.
Be careful going up the and down the hill. Parts of it are 45 mph. If you ever get passed by a blue Tahoe put it in the ditch. If it is a no passing zone put two in the driver. He is an asshat. Although I don't think I would ever do that.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Believe it or not I agree with you guys on the unmarked cars. Drivers around me are MUCH MUCH MUCH better behaved when I am in my patrol car than when I am in my POV or an unmarked unit. Better behaved = safer imho.
Sure would have liked to have had one right in front of me the other day on I35 south. Two complete idiots in rice bangers had evidently been watching their Fast & Furious box set. I saw them coming in my rear view and actually had room to maneuver (for once) and I seriously considered lane blocking the fools, then it dawned on me that they were fools and I was carrying. I'm not sure your issued ticket book holds enough for that deal...

Latest posts

Top Bottom