Night sights for Glock 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer to use a rear sight that isn't illuminated at all. I don't own a GLOCK but I really like the U-notch of the 10-8 Performance rear sight.

Same here. I have the Warren Tactical plain rear U-notch with the tritium front on three different Glocks (one being a 19). IIRC Trijicon does their inserts.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the Meprolight night sights I have used, the front sight is slightly brighter to draw your focus to it could just be me tho..... Trijicon makes a nice set of sights too.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally use Meprolight on my Glock 23. I use the bright green for the front and the orange in the back. The orange is really dim compared to the front. So dim that next time I think I may opt for the yellow ones instead.

I always buy sights that are squared off in front of the rear sight. This allows me to manipulate the slide with just one hand using my belt, my jeans, side of the holster, seam of my front pocket, heel of the shoe, table, ect. Not a fan of the ramped shaped sights.

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally like the big dot sights. Glow bright at night and I have a big white dot for daylight hours.

I have Trijicon on mine which are great at night but not easy to see the white dots when shooting in bright sunlight. I like the Big dots better also.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Trijicon on mine which are great at night but not easy to see the white dots when shooting in bright sunlight. I like the Big dots better also.

Yep. As long as you have a good front sight post you should be good. The bigdots are super fast to pick up. They are not as precise as a smaller set for small groups, but they seem faster to me and can hit plates and man sized targets all day long.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like trijicon better than meprolight, they are a sharper glow. Ameriglo has some cool sights, and a lot of options. Plus, they use the better (IMO) trijicon lamps.

Last edited:

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I run TFOs on my M&P 45c carry gun. I like them because I can see them in the day or in a range. I suggest, when asked, to run a different color on the front for contrast.