No. 4 Mk 1 HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magazine is completely out of the rifle, so no interference there. And, the bolt doesn't even go in far enough to reach the magazine. Both bolts have the same issue in his rifle, while they both function just fine in my rifle.

Sounds like a bent ejector or something. Sorry, not an Enfield man.

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes, when I put one of my rifles into an overcrowded gun safe( good problem to have), I go to close the door and it gets jammed and I have to rearrange rifles. Does he have this problem and just slam the door on the gun?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
he didn't disassemble the safety assy and reassemble incorrectly? safety is in correct position ? safety bolt lock not sticking out a little too far. If I remember correctly they are adjustable as to how far they stick out.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
he didn't disassemble the safety assy and reassemble incorrectly? safety is in correct position ? safety bolt lock not sticking out a little too far. If I remember correctly they are adjustable as to how far they stick out.

Nope. It's all together properly.

I'm gonna' try to take some measurements (although it's nearly impossible to get calipers in there) to see if it appears to be sprung or spread.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK...I finally hauled my MKII out of the safe and took a quick look at what the issue might be. It looks like the bolt could be hanging up because of...

Ejector screw interference
Safety is engaged
Sear is too high
Charger bridge is bent
Micrometer rear sight is not flipped to the upright position (if your MK I has one instead of standard L 300/600 sight)

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK...I finally hauled my MKII out of the safe and took a quick look at what the issue might be. It looks like the bolt could be hanging up because of...

Ejector screw interference
Safety is engaged
Sear is too high
Charger bridge is bent
Micrometer rear sight is not flipped to the upright position (if your MK I has one instead of standard L 300/600 sight)

Thanks, coolhand! Rear sight has been removed, so no interference there. I have eliminated ejector screw, sear, and safety; so that pretty much leaves the bridge being bent. That's basically what I've thought all along, especially since the rear sight has been totally removed, eliminating any support it gave to the bridge. I still need to put the calipers to both rifles and do some measuring. Maybe I can get that done soon, since I have some time off for the holidays. I really appreciate your checking out your MKII and providing input!

Latest posts

Top Bottom