No CCW @ octoberfest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buying a pitcher of beer to consume on the premises, cause you can't leave with it, isn't exactly the pretext of a liquor store. More like a bar. We all know how it turns out when you carry in a bar, right?
New law says you can conceal carry in a bar as long as you don’t partake of alcohol when doing so.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New law says you can conceal carry in a bar as long as you don’t partake of alcohol when doing so.
I dont think so, if it's strictly a bar (less than 50% food sales) it's illegal. But a restaurant that serves beer is OK and you can partake but not be in excess...and that's a huge gray area.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is from the SDA dated 11/1/2023. I would interpret as you can carry where alcohol is not the primary business (less than 50%) but you cannot consume at all.

I think at one time there was a difference depending on if you were or were not licensed, but I can't find that in the current SDA. The only other place I could find was TITLE 21 § 1289.9 CARRYING WEAPONS UNDER INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL which basically says you cannot carry or use firearms while under the influence.

TITLE 21 § 1272.1 CARRYING FIREARMS WHERE LIQUOR IS CONSUMED

A. It shall be unlawful for a person to carry or possess any weapon designated in Section 1272 of this title in any
establishment where the sale of alcoholic beverages, as defined by Section 1-103 of Title 37A of the Oklahoma
Statutes, constitutes the primary purpose of the business. This provision shall not apply to:

1. A peace officer, as defined in Section 99 of this title, or private investigator or armed security guard with a
firearms authorization when acting in the scope and course of employment;

2. An owner or proprietor of the establishment; or

3. An employee of the establishment who has permission from the owner or proprietor of the establishment
to carry or possess a weapon while in the scope and course of employment.

B. It shall be lawful for a person to carry or possess any weapon designated in Section 1272 of this title into any
restaurant or other establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages where the sale of alcoholic beverages
does not constitute the primary purpose of the business.

C. Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any peace officer in actual physical possession of a
weapon to consume alcoholic beverages, except in the authorized line of duty as an undercover officer.

D. Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any person, employee, private investigator or armed
security guard with or without a firearms authorization in actual physical possession of a weapon to
consume alcoholic beverages in any establishment where alcoholic beverages are consumed.

E. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable
by a fine not to exceed Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00).

F. Any person who intentionally or knowingly carries or possesses any weapon in violation of the provisions of this
section and refuses to leave the establishment or the property of the establishment shall, upon conviction, be
guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine not to exceed Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($250.00).

G. As used in this section, "consume" means the act of drinking or ingesting alcoholic beverages or eating a product
containing alcohol.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We went corporate night. Didn’t carry, but could have- went right around the wanders.

The whole cluster was about as un-German as anything I’ve seen. Disorganized, lotsa Chinese junk with German stuff on it. Loads of slobs and lotsa drunks.

First and last time I’ll go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom