No gun sign at 7-11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just called Southland Corporation's headquarters in Dallas, Tx. All the stores in Oklahoma are owned by licensee's (think franchise owners). 7-11 corporate headquarters has no policy on CCW; it's purely up to each state's laws and licensee's policies.

I then called 7-11 "Oklahoma", which has its own customer service division and left a message for the Divisional Manager to call me. Their number is 405.682.5711. He hasn't called me back yet, but I'm sure it will be soon. I'll update accordingly.

Are you sure? Its just the metro area that is independently owned. All others in the state are corporate. Regardless, all the OKC metro stores are basically owned by the same guy/company... William Brown. An easy way to tell if it is corporate is if it sells slurpees, hotdogs and nachos. Independent locations sell Icy Drink not Slurpee.

Back on topic,... Its just a suggestion.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you sure? Its just the metro area that is independently owned. All others in the state are corporate. Regardless, all the OKC metro stores are basically owned by the same guy/company... William Brown. An easy way to tell if it is corporate is if it sells slurpees, hotdogs and nachos. Independent locations sell Icy Drink not Slurpee.

The only 7-11's in Oklahoma are in the metro area and there are no corporate locations in this state. I work for a corporation that does business with them. Also, Jim Brown is now running them and has been for years. Having met the guy, I would be shocked if he wants CCW in any of his stores.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Aside from OKC metro, where else are the 7 Elevens in the state?

None in Tulsa.

Jerryinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There may only be 7-11's in the OKC metro; I don't know. My only purpose in tracking this down was to find out what corporate policy was regarding CCW. As i spend around $2,000 per year with them, I wanted to make sure my money supported the cause.

Southland Corp used the term, "All stores in Oklahoma" were owned under license (apparently by Mr. Brown). I'm glad he's apparently a good guy; I just haven't spoken with anyone from their OKC customer service center (a Divisional Director named Rob). He has not called me back despite 2 very polite voicemails.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great thing about the United States if you do not agree with a business's practices spend your money somewhere else. If you do not like the lighting in the restroom, the CCW policy or the place just smells funny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom