No weapons. Is this legal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talacker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just been reading thread on places off limits to conceal carry. I think I made the right move in leaving my gun in the truck. Still going to take H&H class,to help refresh and learn more safte procedures.

Do what you think is right, but let us know when you find the statutory punishment for breaking a private store's rules.

padaddytom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Misdemeaner charges,confrotations,LEOs,tresspass charges, not something that I wish to mess up my day with. Yes concealed means concealed but no weapons means no weapons. Play it safe. I like Crest better anyways. Thanks again for input. Something inside says "what they don't know won't hurt me". At nearly 60yrs old I still have that mindset.

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought we established in the other thread that the NAA .22 mag isn't even a weapon?

(I'm kidding before anyone gets their panties in a wad).

Here's the question - how would they know you were an Episcopal if you didn't go in announcing that you were?

The way Oklahoma law works is just fine with most CCW'ers - the sign in and of itself isn't the law - its that establishment's rules. They can also say "no white people allowed". You can choose to follow those rules or not without legal consequence, but they reserve the right to boot you out if they catch you breaking the rules.

Again, how are they going to catch you breaking their rules if you're not disclosing the fact that you're Episcopalian? :D
You can tell by the faint aroma of communion wine - not the expensive stuff like the Catholics use. ;)

My point is this: they can deny service to whomever they choose, but only within certain guidelines - certain characteristics are disallowed as reasons not to serve, but others are ok. It's too bad that it's not illegal to refuse service based on a CCW.

Concealed means concealed, I agree. :)

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can tell by the faint aroma of communion wine - not the expensive stuff like the Catholics use. ;)

My point is this: they can deny service to whomever they choose, but only within certain guidelines - certain characteristics are disallowed as reasons not to serve, but others are ok. It's too bad that it's not illegal to refuse service based on a CCW.

Concealed means concealed, I agree. :)

Haha - I'm a Lutheran so we have a no Episcopalian sign out front anyways :D

I got your point man, I was trying to further explain your point to the OP by using the example of an Episcopal instead of a CCW'er - find/replace to get the real meaning of what I was saying.

I pay/see all the invoices for my Parish.The sacrimental wine is like $3 a gallon.BoonsFarm and MoganDavid are more expensive.

Easy there, we use Mogan David (gotta let it breathe) :thumb:

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Misdemeaner charges,confrotations,LEOs,tresspass charges, not something that I wish to mess up my day with. Yes concealed means concealed but no weapons means no weapons. Play it safe. I like Crest better anyways. Thanks again for input. Something inside says "what they don't know won't hurt me". At nearly 60yrs old I still have that mindset.

My place of employment has gunbuster signs. My SO may or may not carry when he visits me there. I may or may not keep some sort of weapon locked in my locker when I'm there, and carry it to and from my car. It's a big, dark parking lot, and employee parking is a long way out. The worst that could possibly happen? Lose my job. No big, I'm not a huge fan of the place and I'm serving my commitment.

I do follow the law - where it's a law, and not somebody's "rules." I'll end this post with a quote.

"It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six."

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just went to the grocery for my wife.This store is new to me,approching the front door there was a sign"No weapons(including concealed)" they had a pic of a handgun and a knife. Went back to the truck,put my naa 22mag someplace I pressumed safe left my Buck in my other pocket and went in to shop.Really felt vulnerable. Yes I'm ccw but my question is are they able to post such a sign.

My view on those signs (anywhere except where the law prohibits of course, i.e. courthouse, federal and state buildings) is if they know you're carrying a concealed weapon, you're doing it wrong. The worst they can do is ask you to is leave, and then if you don't they could call the cops.

Just keep on keepin' on and don't let some hoplophobe business manager without a clue undermine your right to self-defense. :soapbox:

padaddytom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having sleep on it.I fully understand prohibited areas. govm't bldgs, bars, don't question my dr's office altho only one of three that I go to displayes. Now I see that business owners have the right to be anti 2A if thats what they think is right. Free country right? A far as Episcopal goes, Dad was Episcopal ,His was a Jew,Mom is Catholic and is was raised one.Due ro health reasons I stopped alcohol use 5-8 yr ago. Therefor prohibited areas such as bars and night clubs are not in the picture. Isn't Mogan David a jewish product? Now days the only wine I have is communal (the GOOD STUFF).
mmchambers06; Yes I did pay attention in class, got permit ,don"t want money back, but thanks for waking me up to the fact that I need to refresh and study.Great bunch of folks here. Thank God forthe right and pray I never need to use it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom