North of Lake Thunderbird...PUBLIC LAND?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i live about 1/2 mile North of the map i posted above. i have some nice deer come around. But it is just a small 10 acre lot and my wife hunts too. So i am going to let her take one in rifle. I am thinking that i need to find another spot to hunt if she is going to hunt my place. I dont mind just bowhunting all the way thru rifle.

I have seen about 7 bucks on camera and about 5 doe. so i think the ratio is not to bad around there.

okhuntingpro

New to the site!
Reaction score
South of 149th Street But North of lake thunderbird, i have always thought there was public land in this area? Is there?

I was looking at the wildlifedepartment site and it does not show it as WMA, but only as thunderbird SP? Is there public land in there somewhere?

The website is not working when you click on the thunderbird section

okieshooter777,
Check out my blog
http://lakethunderbirdhuntingguide.blogspot.com/

I created it to provide people with information about hunting at lake thunderbird. I currently have the regulations from the lake, as well as a custom google map that shows all of the public land you can hunt on.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i think this is deer only..right?

I have a question though. Can you access any of this land legally from boat? Or if you know someone who's property backs up to this land?

Is this heavily hunted? If you down a deer is there any way to get it out if you are deep into the land?

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ive never seen any harvest totals for the area. I have used my canoe to access areas instead of walking. There are quite a few that hunt there, but it hasent seemed too bad this year

Its deer only. There are tons of turkeys out there, but they are off limits

okieboomer1

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i think this is deer only..right?

I have a question though. Can you access any of this land legally from boat? Or if you know someone who's property backs up to this land?

Is this heavily hunted? If you down a deer is there any way to get it out if you are deep into the land?

Is this heavily hunted?....heck yes, good luck getting a spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom