"Not a damn thing!"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True or not story from a Kansas State Highway Patrol officer but funny:

I made a traffic stop on an elderly lady the other day for speeding on U.S. 166 Eastbound at Mile Marker 73 just East of Sedan, KS. I asked for her river's license, registration, and proof of insurance. The lady took out the required information and handed it to me. In with the cards I was somewhat surprised (due to her advanced age) to see she had a conceal weapon carry permit. I looked at her and ask if she had a weapon in her possession at this time.

She responded that she indeed had a .45 automatic in her glove box.

Something---body language, or the way she said it made me want to ask if she had any other firearms.

She did admit to also having a 9mm Glock in her center console.

Now I had to ask one more time if that was all.

She responded once again that she did have just one more, a .38 special in her purse.

I then asked her what was she so afraid of.

She looked me right in the eye and said: "Not a damn thing!"

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amusing, but wasn't she in violation of the CCL rules by not verbally informing the cop of her CCW's when she handed him her paperwork? Or is it different in KS?

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is something my grandmother would say lol. She got rid of her shotgun when the kids (my mom and siblings) were growing up to make the house "safer" though.

I like it, very funny.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amusing, but wasn't she in violation of the CCL rules by not verbally informing the cop of her CCW's when she handed him her paperwork? Or is it different in KS?

the way i see it the CCL informed the cop that she was carrying, if you dont have a weapon on you then you have no obligation to show your license.

I have been wrong before though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom