Ponca City is the State's Capitol of Dumbass Drivers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From 4 pm to 6 pm I-235 northbound is a raceway. Especially from 1-44 north. Everyone is trying to get home faster than you. Doing the speed limit can get you killed.
I-35 from Waterloo to the first Guthrie exit is a 90 mph speed limit in the left lane. It's crazy how someone will go through gymnastic driving to get around you to gain one car length and then pull into the Guthrie exit if you're doing 89.
What did they gain? 1/10 of a second?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda sounds like everyone thinks wherever they live has the worst drivers haha!
Oh, Tulsans got nothing on Texicans, and even Texicans ain't a stitch on Yankees. People in Chicago think Indiana drivers are the worst, and people in Indiana think Chicago drivers are the worst. I got news for them--they're they're both right.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I-35 from Waterloo to the first Guthrie exit is a 90 mph speed limit in the left lane. It's crazy how someone will go through gymnastic driving to get around you to gain one car length and then pull into the Guthrie exit if you're doing 89.
What did they gain? 1/10 of a second?
It's that way from the turnpike interchange on I-35 up through Edmond to Waterloo.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After working Rhode Island in our Summer job last year, I can say that I've not seen worse except maybe in places like Dallas, and a lot of Dallas' problem is so dang many lanes on the expressways.

Now, with all that said, we will soon be heading to Oregon in a week or so, and I'll wait until after we've experienced Portland, OR before I update my opinions of drivers.

All that said, I don't find either Tulsa or OKC to be all that bad, but then I always try to avoid rush hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom