So, how was your Friday?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine kinda went like this:
GBjb58fWYAA8kxy.jpg

I had taken a co-worker home, stopped at Burger Ling for a Whopper Jr. meal, and had pulled to a stop at the intersection just northeast of my work. I was about a car length behind a Chevy SUV. Just as the light turned green, I was hit from behind by somebody who was swerving to try and avoid me. He missed. I was pushed forward and to the left, like a billiard ball and hit a glancing blow off the SUV in front of me before stopping halfway in the intersection. I opted to go to the ER, where they found no broken bones or fractures...but a CT scan did detect a nodule and a small goiter on my thyroid gland!

Thankfully, my insurance company gave me a rental the next day, as they're listing the car as a probable write-off. I do have dash cam footage but it doesn't show the culprit. I'll wait until I get a clearance to post that. I just happen to gave gotten it a few weeks ago because of Amazon Vine, where I get free items in exchange for doing product reviews. I'm going to give the dash cam 4 out of five stars. The impact knocked it so it isn't looking completely out of the windshield but the suction cup device held it on the windshield. The one star is because it only looks forward.

Last edited:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks man, I’m glad you’re more or less ok.

Legitimate, earnest question: is there anything you need?

I can't think of anything I need right now but I'll let you know if I do.

Did you get to eat your BK meal tho?
Oh, yes. I was done everything but my drink. It was only a Whopper Jr.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You voluntarily ate a Whopper, Jr, and they didn't find anything wrong? Obviously it wasn't a psych eval. :laugh6:

Funny thing--I had a very similar experience 31 years ago this month. I was stopped, waiting for traffic to clear so I could make a left turn on a 2-lane city street; I could see him approaching in the rear view, thinking "he's gonna stop. He's gonna stop. Surely he's gonna stop. Oh sh*t, he's not gonna stop."

It mashed in my car's trunk, but not quite that badly, and the body shop was able to get it fixed. My only "injury" was a strained muscle in my forearm where I had been squeezing the steering wheel bracing for impact.

It was also the event that made me learn that the armchair drivers who say "don't turn your wheels to the left 'cause you'll roll into the oncoming traffic" are full of crap. My wheels were turned left, but my car went right, down into the bar ditch, because he tried to swerve left at the last moment, and physics didn't give a flip about which way my wheels were turned...

Sounds like you're mostly ok, and the car did what it was supposed to do, sacrificing itself to save you. I'm glad it did.

Latest posts

Top Bottom