NRA Action Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reich10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wanna get started in Action pistol and am dead set on competing at the Bianchi Cup in May. So I was wondering if anybody here had experience with Action Pistol and if there was any range in Oklahoma that could be set up to practice, particularly the mover?

Also just to take a rough poll, if i were to push for the funds to get Action Pistol started at OKC gun club would anyone be interested?

iyaoyas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd play . We used to have Action pistol at the Ada rifle and pistol club. The problem is its a very hard match to run with all the stages at the cup. We shot one of the stages thats not shot at the cup. It was like a ppc match with open guns. Same B27 target with the same kneeling, prone, left and right barricade strings of fire.
After most shooters got done with the 50 yard stages you would never see them again. Its a very humbling match if you can't shoot at 50 yards well.
As far as movers go Paul Ables in Shawnee has one, USSA has one I think .
I know it was brought up by Phil Strader to run some matches at USSA but it never happened .
Good luck I hope it works out.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any "action/movement"-related/friendly shooting areas around OKC? It seems like Tulsa has got the drop on things with the two academies.:scratch:

I realize this is off topic, but I did it anyway.

reich10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as movers go Paul Ables in Shawnee has one, USSA has one I think .
I know it was brought up by Phil Strader to run some matches at USSA but it never happened .
Good luck I hope it works out.

Do you know Paul Ables personally? i would like to get ahold of him about practicing on that mover.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
USSA has a great mover system that runs on computer and wifi.

As far as shooting NRA action pistol I would be interested to try it. I think You may have a tough time pulling shooters with all of the other action shooting sports keeping us busy but the addicts lime me will shout them all. Id love to see OKC get a good IDPA match too. Right now we have USPSA, ICORE, 3 gun, & Steel Challenge at OKCGC.

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The nearest NRA action match that I know of is in Hutchinson Ks. They start in March and go to October. There are at least a couple of High Masters there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom