Obama Administatrion Seizes Verizon Customer Phone Records

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you know the real problem with this is that they will take this data and combine it with the irs data and create a chart like the one below. and instead of targeting everyone individually they will find a common link between everyone and shut it down or intimidate it into changing or giving up even more data.

i.imgur.com_OCX3VBz.png

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you know the real problem with this is that they will take this data and combine it with the irs data and create a chart like the one below. and instead of targeting everyone individually they will find a common link between everyone and shut it down or intimidate it into changing or giving up even more data.

i.imgur.com_OCX3VBz.png

Yes indeed, its called attacking the centers of power.

There is NO inherent right to privacy which is respected by a government that is held unaccountable.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's likely that they've been the subject of warrants, as well, but these warrants are coming from the fisa court, which is set up specifically to handle secret warrants. It was originally intended to deal with foreign agents operating in the us, but the patriot act expanded their reach to cover terrorism investigations.

At least this involved secret & undiscoverable court-issued warrants, rather than the patently un-constitutional "national security letters." those are a complete crock of shite.

fify. :(

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm almost enough of a pr!ck to go out and get a Verizon phone.
"Yeah, I need to buy 10,000kg of fertilizer. My eggplants are bombing."
or simply turn it on and call an automated number everytime I'm in the can.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll notice it's a UK based newspaper that broke the story...not a US based newspaper.

Yep,
The Gaurdian broke the story, but it was written by Glenn Greenwald. An American who has been trying to get your attention on this issue for twelve years. He's been doing it in books "How Would a Patriot Act " and online publications "SLATE." He finally got somebody's attention. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama will only find out when he has seen it on tv.

Obama was aware of the program. When a president gets accused of illegal activity, what does he do? He denies it, or covers it up, or blames it on sombodyelse. He has done none of those things in this case. He's defending the actions of the NSA and the FISA court. That shouldn't sirprise anyone. He's not running from the story in any way. Kind of sad, really.

Latest posts

Top Bottom