Obama has decided to deny Keystone Pipeline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do know, the GOP (which is bought and paid for by Exxon and others) only want this pipeline so they can sell our oil on the global market, not keep it here. Interestingly they are currently building ships to carry liquefied natural gas from the US to the highest bidders abroad.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

I believe what you are describing is also called promoting American industry - and it creates jobs and spreads wealth. It also drives the overall price of crude down - so what's your issue? Did you expect it to labeled "US only"? Do you object to jobs supported by exports?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have to get it to Houston to ship it.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

You do realize that we are part of the global supply and we are part of the global demand, right? They aren't going to pipe it to Houston just to sell it elsewhere unless elsewhere is willing to pay more than we are. If this pipeline can bring more product to market then the price drops for everyone, especially us.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a lil tidbit nobody's talking about. The Houston refineries want that oil in a bad way. They are able to refine it. It's a heavy crude which is what they are setup for. A lot of what we are producing today is a very light "sweet" crude, which is a good thing, but not what refineries had to work with historically.

Latest posts

Top Bottom