Obama's war on coal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like I said. Its two giant industries battling for supremacy. They both make claims to stay in existence. And in the end our electric bill goes up.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Our coal plant at Oologah was scheduled to be part of a CO2 caption project funded jointly by Washington and the Coal Institute. That was until Fallan closed the plant. Story goes that Mc Clendon decided if the co2 thing was successful in his home state it would kill his plan to convert to NG. So, he convinced Fallan to close the plant where this was to have taken place. We already had a construction site road cut to the plant, and signs up telling such. Now my son sent me the epa rating on our plant in Oologah in 2009 it had a 5 star rating for clean power plant production. That was the highest rating a plant could get. I have the report. In fact my son sent me the rating on all our plants in Oklahoma. None rated below 4 star and that included only 2 4 stars!!! The others were 5 star. So decide for yourself. What happened between 2009 and 2013??????????????? Correct a lying President.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once they get rid of the coal plants they'll start putting restrictions on natural gas exploration. Soon enough we'll be using solar panels, wind farms, and riding bicycles at work to keep everything powered (kidding, maybe).

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will be some of Obama's supporters or friends that either have mucho natural gas holdings or own the companies that will convert the old coal plants. Everything he does hurts us and richens his friends.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be very cynical when you her large sweeping numbers quoted on TV or the internet.

Slash 500,000 jobs?
Hard to believe.
When you switch from coal to natural gas you still have the same workers, just in a cleaner environment.
Are you just talking about coal miners that will be put out of work?
How about the huge numbers of new jobs that are being created due to the shale oil and natural gas production that is happening in parts of the country?
Go to West Texas or North Dakota drilling areas and try to find a motel room or place to rent and see for yourself the bonanza that shale field extraction has actually brought about.

Increase electricity rates by 20%???
How much will the electricity rates increase when keeping the present coal fired facilities?
Long term, coal has a higher repair and upgrade cost than natural gas firing.
I know this because the company I work for does repair work on both types of facilities.
Natural gas facilities just chug along, no mess, no fuss, no problems most of the time.
Coal firing is filthy and very hard of the equipment.
My opinion, just like running catalytic converters on our automobiles, we should require ALL coal generating facilities to switch to natural gas within the next 10 years. Most of the coal specific equipment has to be rebuilt and/or upgraded during that time period anyway so why not switch it over while you are rebuilding it anyway?

The 37% production figure could very well be accurate, I have no idea and it is some number tossed out there because you have to have some verifiable number when you make claims to make the rest of your crap sound more correct.

You sir, do not have a single clue about what your saying, and your statements for the most part are totally false.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think of it as pitting one company against another. Both produce the same thing for "maybe" the same cost. One is dirtier than the other. We have an abundance of both sources.

I look at it as a progression of industries. If we wouldnt have ran out of whales, we woulda never moved to coal.

If gas is truely more efficient and cost effective, they will have to overcome a long and powerful Govt lobby.......only to be replaced by a different powerful lobby.

Trust me, whether coal or gas wins out, our electric bill will go up.

You, sir have no clue about what your talking about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom