Occupy Tulsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruckerduck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree for the large billion dollar corporations. But this movement is about the 99% that have the wealth and the 1% that don't, according to them. That would include a lot of med to small business owners that are not in bed with govt.. If you read the facebook page, it is about wealth envy and wealth redistribution.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree for the large billion dollar corporations. But this movement is about the 99% that have the wealth and the 1% that don't, according to them. That would include a lot of med to small business owners that are not in bed with govt.. If you read the facebook page, it is about wealth envy and wealth redistribution.

I'm not sure what you've read, but according to the Urban Tulsa article, it's quite the opposite (Mind you, this is the first I've read about any of this). From what I've gathered from the article, the "99%" is about the 99% of the populace that doesn't have the wealth, protesting the 1% that have the majority of the economic wealth.

From the article:
Members of the assembled group said they'd like to see change in primarily financial and political arenas, including: economic inequality, unethical banking practices, the waning power of unions, outsourcing, corporate personhood and corporations -- and the wealthiest 1 percent -- "buying" elections and politicians

I've just started looking into the whole rigamarole and it's too early for me to form an opinion, but just from the initial read, it doesn't sound like the 1% is the wealth-less.

Latest posts

Top Bottom