October 24th Rifle Match @ USSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Understandable. Family ALWAYS comes first.

I really haven't had any formal training. I've wanted to take some classes but the funds won't allow me to do that yet.

I know Rainier Arms has the BattleComp or you could get it direct from BattleComp.com and get free shipping. I really think you should shoot it and decide for yourself (so I'm not to blame if you hate it!).

You shoot like you've had some formal training. I've had about 32hrs of formal training, nothing really running and gunning though, so I dunno how I'd do at a match, I sure would like to see though!

Yes, family does come first. It was actually a very frighting situation that probably should have never happened. We laugh about it now, but at the time it was VERY scary.

Battlecomp gives LEO a small discount, so I will have to contact them. I have before but don't remember how much they were giving it to us for. I don't really notice much muzzle rise with my comp, but it's probably not much of an upgrade over an A2.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You shoot like you've had some formal training. I've had about 32hrs of formal training, nothing really running and gunning though, so I dunno how I'd do at a match, I sure would like to see though!

Yes, family does come first. It was actually a very frighting situation that probably should have never happened. We laugh about it now, but at the time it was VERY scary.

Battlecomp gives LEO a small discount, so I will have to contact them. I have before but don't remember how much they were giving it to us for. I don't really notice much muzzle rise with my comp, but it's probably not much of an upgrade over an A2.

These matches are great for sorting your gear and your techniques. I learn something every time I go out there, and I certainly learned a few things this time! For $15, it's impossible to beat! :)

The battle comp seemed to work pretty well from the RO perspective. Not much muzzle movement and noticeably softer on the ears than the other comps. I think it would do very well in a dual use role.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These matches are great for sorting your gear and your techniques. I learn something every time I go out there, and I certainly learned a few things this time! For $15, it's impossible to beat! :)

The battle comp seemed to work pretty well from the RO perspective. Not much muzzle movement and noticeably softer on the ears than the other comps. I think it would do very well in a dual use role.

I agree, that's why I have been wanting/trying to get to a comp, any comp! Something always seems to come up...

I can only shoot better if I shoot with people who are better then me! (Not that I'm any good:P)

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is stage 6, the first stage we shot.

I sighted my rifle in at 35 yards 3 weeks ago and my ballistics calculator said it should be about 4.5 inches high at 200 and back on again at 300. I never tested it. Since I sighted it in I've put about 200 rounds of .22lr through with my conversion kit and acog and cleaned it, so I wasnt real sure if it was even still on. This is a true test of LaRue's repeatability with his mounts.

The stage was three paper 15~, two paper and 5 clays at 50, two steel at 150, and two steel at 200. I aimed low at all of them, bottom of the clays, lower 1/3 of the 150 steel, and bottom edge of the 200 steel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3LkYYQaQvg

Latest posts

Top Bottom