Odin Atlas 6.5 comp install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Noticeable reduction in recoil is all I can honestly say. A lot of difference in muzzle rise.
I would have to say that both of these will change your POI. Any item that changes how you rifle reacts will do that. I have dropped a rifle, on concrete, square on the scope and noticed nothing but irritation at me for being a dolt!

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Per this review, the Odin Comp/Brake reduces recoil by 64% vs bare muzzle. That was on a 5.56, but I'd imagine results would be similar.
I was hesitant to give information I didn't have, other than the feel. That's why I said "noticeable reduction". It also has noticeable reduction in muzzle rise.
More expensive comps on the market, but I'm happy with this purchase.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I was hesitant to give information I didn't have, other than the feel. That's why I said "noticeable reduction". It also has noticeable reduction in muzzle rise.
More expensive comps on the market, but I'm happy with this purchase.

Which is why I linked the article, since it does provide back to back comparisons against other comps.

Comps work based on gas flow through the ports. So in theory they would be more effective (% reduction wise) on shorter barrels with more gasses flowing out the barrel with which to work. Also, larger comps would have more area to add more reduction with more gas flow. So a particularly efficient for the application comp ("X") that works great (places 1st) on a 20" 5.56 may not do as well in a larger caliber on a shorter barrel.

Basically, YMMV. But still, a back to back test like that does show some designs are more/less efficient than others.

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which is why I linked the article, since it does provide back to back comparisons against other comps.

Comps work based on gas flow through the ports. So in theory they would be more effective (% reduction wise) on shorter barrels with more gasses flowing out the barrel with which to work. Also, larger comps would have more area to add more reduction with more gas flow. So a particularly efficient for the application comp ("X") that works great (places 1st) on a 20" 5.56 may not do as well in a larger caliber on a shorter barrel.

Basically, YMMV. But still, a back to back test like that does show some designs are more/less efficient than others.
Thanks

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have a patent pending on the design. I had ran across the Odin Atlas before and had considered replacing my comp on my AR with one. When I picked up the Creedmoor Odin had came out with the 6.5 (developed with the 6.5 in mind) and I bit.
Did my OCD thing on looking up all the info I could find, and vids on how it functioned on different guns. A lot of positives including the price. Also easy tuned and needs no crush washer.
I like and it looks good too

Latest posts

Top Bottom