Off-road Metal Fab Shops in okc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there any local shops that make rock sliders/steps/nerf bars (frame mounted)? Got a new Toyota Tacoma and need some but shipping is basically $200 no matter where you get them. Figured I’d look local but don’t know of any. I did a google search and emailed a couple but never got a reply.

Last edited:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, there is a giant difference between rock sliders and nerf bars/steps. If you are wanting rock sliders the will not have the ability to have a step on them to help get up in to your rig. Are you wanting protection from rocks and logs, etc or are you wanting something to help you get up into your rig easier?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, there is a giant difference between rock sliders and nerf bars/steps. If you are wanting rock sliders the will not have the ability to have a step on them to help get up in to your rig. Are you wanting protection from rocks and logs, etc or are you wanting something to help you get up into your rig easier?
There are sliders with steps, they just don't hang below the sliders.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course but they don't really help you get up into a taller vehical any easier as the steps are nearly the same height as the rocker panel/door jamb. Most don't put true sliders on stock trucks with stock wheels. So again, what is the OP intended need/purpose?

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I’m aware. I wrote it that way in case people didn’t know what I was talking about. I don’t need true rock sliders for off road use. These will primarily be used as steps for my kids. However, I do want them frame mounted which limits the options out there hence this post.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had a set of AMP automatic boards installed on my truck at 4 Wheel Parts when they were doing free install with purchase. They had the best price on my tires as well...

Latest posts

Top Bottom