Newbie ? How to add Suppressor to Gun Trust?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redsnake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has already been discussed... I searched and couldn't find what I was looking for.

I recently purchased a Surefire Sopmod mini suppressor from a good friend who recently got his dealers license and is starting a business on the side. Being as this is our first time dealing w/ an NFA item, we're both a bit uncertain on how to get the appropriate paperwork submitted to Govt to finalize the process. That suppressor has been bought and paid for and it is in his custody until I can figure out what's next.

A week later during my online research... I found Silencer Shop which took me to their local dealer, Sports World and they had an Omega 9K can that I wanted as well... so going thru both of these business's, I purchased the NFA Gun Trust and Tax Stamp thru Silencer Shop, then back to Sports World and set up everything via the Kiosk at Sports World... got my digital fingerprints, photo and the NFA Trust approved and all that (along w/the Omega 9K can) is currently Pending ATF Approval.

This is where I am currently and can't seem to figure out the next step. Can I just purchase another Tax Stamp thru Silencer Shop and add the Surefire Sopmod suppressor to my NFA Trust that's already set up and it will go to the ATF for processing... or is there something else that I need to do? All my online searching and emailing people seems to just run me in circles and I'd really like a "here's exactly what you need to do..." since this is my 1st time buying a Suppressor(s).

I greatly appreciate any help and guidance.

jackary

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe your form 4 for the first suppressor bought through your friends ffl would need to list the trust name as the purchaser. If the paperwork was done as an individual for the Surefire I think you would have to do another stamp to transfer it to your trust.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm understanding your question correctly, you can't add to that trust. I think the Silencershop trust is a Single Shot, meaning only one item. You'd be better off having a trust lawyer set up a solid trust. (@GHArms ) and then pay the $400 to have the big trust buy both of the silencers after they are approved and yours. YMMV but I'd get his input at least

Redsnake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks. The trust I bought and set up from Silencer Shop wasn't the 'single gun trust' it was their NFA Trust that allows multiple NFA items, or so I was led to believe. You may be right and I'm not saying otherwise... why I'm here asking questions. My friend who has his licensing is going thru the process of becoming a Silencer Shop authorized dealer so after he gets that set up it may be easier to use him and the current trust that is set up to get this Surefire suppressor in the ATF Approval loop. Going thru this process makes me suspect on ever buying another suppressor... perhaps that's what the AFT has in mind making things such a hassle.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Either way I know to get a personally owned can into the trust will require the trust to pay that $200 stamp again. Good deal that you didn't buy the single shot. Maybe SilencerShop has advice with their CS on how to add to them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom