OFFER: Active Shooter Prevention, Mitigation and Response Presentation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many of you on this forum know that I work for U.S. DHS/TSA as a regulatory inspector. As an inspector, I have numerous collateral duties. I'm the law enforcement liaison for my office (as well as a reserve deputy for TCSO). I'm also responsible for several Tactical Response Plans that DHS agencies are required to implement at all offices. This includes providing training, conducting tabletop exercises and stakeholder outreach to those that may be affected by our responses.

One of the TRP's I'm responsible for is active shooter. As part of the active shooter TRP, I've developed a presentation that includes a PowerPoint. This presentation is intended for anyone that might find themselves caught in an active shooter situation. Anyone. It can be custom tailored to a specific building or facility. The file includes facilitator notes as well. I've given this presentation to the TUL tenants and local emergency 1st responders at the Tulsa Air & Space Museum, as well as the Tulsa Urban Area Security Initiative and Oklahoma Retail Crimes Association groups. The presentation lasts about an hour and add 30 minutes for either a tabletop exercise or practical application training. The presentation is geared towards the workplace, but it's applicable anywhere you may go.

Here's the offer. I can provide this presentation to anyone who can implement it within their workplace or civic group. You can custom tailor it to your audience. I can help you tailor it if you'd like. If you don't feel comfortable facilitating this training, I can even come on site and conduct it for you, or aid you in your presentation of the material.

There is no cost for this offer. (Beyond your tax dollars at work of course!) :)

This offer is available for qualified persons who will implement the program. You can PM me your request and email address, and I'll contact you through official channels to work out the details. If you have someone at your place of employment that would implement the program, you can refer them to me to discuss the matter.

I also have a generic 21 page Active Shooter PowerPoint for Citizens that was developed by the Long Beach, CA PD, that I can email to anyone who would simply like more information on the subject.

In light of recent events, I felt it was a good time to make this offer. Stay Safe!

Latest posts

Top Bottom