Official "I drew a controlled hunt" thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what I got:

Thank you for applying for the Controlled Hunts. Unfortunately, you have not been selected for a permit this year. If you feel you have reached this message in error, please return to the 'Search Page' and reenter your information.

NOTE: Information used on the 'Search Page' must match the data on the Controlled Hunts Application. (405)524-6169.

See you next year!

Sincerely,
Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation

I do get Big Mac on a quality pass though from last season.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you apply for this? What is the cost? I would like to kill and eat things in OK.

It is free to apply but you have to buy all the appropriate licenses if you get drawn. These are just bonus hunts in good areas that let you take extra deer, elk, antelope, etc. You apply in the spring and the results are just coming out today.

Reaction score
I would like to kill and eat things in OK.

Yup - definitely get in on this deal - it's only $5/year to apply for all categories of hunts. You have to apply online, and it's a bit of a CF of a procedure the first time you do it. Definitely worth a shot. You have to have an active hunting license to apply, I believe.

I lucked out this year with this draw-in:

Antelope - 204 - Texas County - Gun Doe - 10/2/10 - 10/10/10 - No fees.

Oh yeah! :)

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nuthin'. We drew Big Mac 2 out of the last 3 years though, so I'm not too disappointed.

Just wish the weather didn't suck every time I've been in there. I've always wanted to be there on a weekend with perfect weather. Oh well.

Good luck to all you successful applicants!

Latest posts

Top Bottom