Official "I drew a controlled hunt" thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is what I got:

Thank you for applying for the Controlled Hunts. Unfortunately, you have not been selected for a permit this year. If you feel you have reached this message in error, please return to the 'Search Page' and reenter your information.

NOTE: Information used on the 'Search Page' must match the data on the Controlled Hunts Application. (405)524-6169.

See you next year!

Sincerely,
Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation

I got this too, until I tried with my DL number instead of SSN. WOO HOO! I am going on a hunt. I have to go back to see what it is though. hang on... Sandy Sanders Gun Either Sex November 6 and 7.

HiImSeth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! As Bill Starry says... "They're selling hats and t-shirts over there. I recommend you buy one, because that's all most of you are gonna be taking home.":igetit:

That old guy cracks me up. A dudes cell phone rang when he was giving the briefing when I was there a few years ago. It got totally silent and he said "You know, I would think the only 2 people that need their cell phone on all the time would be a drug dealer or a prostitute."

I love the Mac hunt, even if the weather and hunting is bad. You're guaranteed to see some nice deer, and the excitement/atmosphere itself is half the fun. That weekend is prime time.

I'm jealous of you drawees. Have fun.

Funny you should mention that because a hat is actually the only thing I came home with last time.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats!
My buddy and I drew Canton.
My first time ever, so I'm happy to get something.
Congrats!
I didnt get drawn but my daughter got picked for the Washita NWR hunt over fall break.
Have you been on this before? I think your daughter will have a good opportunity to bring the meat home.
My son and I drew Mac. Better get the stick bow out and limber it up.
Congrats!
Oh yeah!
2 - Antelope 202 - Cimarron County - Gun Doe 10/2/2010 - 10/10/2010.
Congrats! All you gun hunters get the weekend before the archery season, try not to spook em all up.
Got drawn for either sex antelope, September in cimarron county! Sweet! First time to hunt speed goats.
Congrats! All you gun hunters get the weekend before the archery season, try not to spook em all up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this too, until I tried with my DL number instead of SSN. WOO HOO! I am going on a hunt. I have to go back to see what it is though. hang on... Sandy Sanders Gun Either Sex November 6 and 7.

Got my hopes dashed twice now.....I tried the DL thing, as well as ssn. Both Negative.

For you guys that drew Big Mac, and you want to stay at one of the cabins, I'd call today. Not tomorrow.
They are cheap, and very nice. I got a quality pass from last year, and booked a cabin before I left.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom