Official "I drew a controlled hunt" thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Deer Hunts 334 - Lexington WMA - Gun Either-Sex 11/17/2010 9/17/2010

First year I ever put in. I only put in for Lex this year though, because I'm still learning the ropes of hunting. I didn't want to drive all the way to the panhandle and go hunting for big game without being able to fully appreciate it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drew out on the same one. Anyone know how hard it is to find land?

Not too hard. Just step into the local mom and pop diners a month or so before. Ask around. Last year we took 1/2 a rick of firewood for a local guy and he got us permission on several different places. They don't have many trees up there, so the firewood was highly appreciated. (They spent almost 3 weeks without power during a winter)

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got lucky again!

410 - Salt Plains NWR - Gun (2) See Code K 12/3/2010 - 12/5/2010

plus

Quality Pass at McAlester (10/7/2010 - 10/10/2010)

^^^ That is excatly three months from today! :woohoo1:

Good luck to all of you.

CCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My luck from last year did not cary over to this year. This year I got nothing. Last year was the first time I put in for the McAlester hunt and got drawn. Maybe next year....:(

Jeff3C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got lucky again!

410 - Salt Plains NWR - Gun (2) See Code K 12/3/2010 - 12/5/2010

plus

Quality Pass at McAlester (10/7/2010 - 10/10/2010)

^^^ That is excatly three months from today! :woohoo1:

Good luck to all of you.

What exactly is the quality pass at McAlester? Does that mean if you shoot a doe and no buck you get to come back the following year?

Reaction score
Sooner, my buddy hunted Lexington controlled hunt last year on Nov 14 with gun, and didn't even see a deer. He said not many hauled one out - hopefully you will be the exception.

Does that mean if you shoot a doe and no buck you get to come back the following year

No - you get to come back if you shoot a doe, period! Take a buck also or not; doesn't matter. At least, in the years that they declare quality pass (which is most years).

Latest posts

Top Bottom