Official MLB Post Season Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm creating this in hopes we can keep it alive until one team reigns supreme over all others!

The wife and father in law are New Yorkers, so half of my house is rooting for the Yankees. While they've got a talented offense and defense, I don't see them making it past the Tigers whose got some powerful bats in their lineup. The Rays have been on a steady roll and I hate to say it, but they've got the momentum to keep trucking on and I fear they may very well do so to the top.

As far as National League goes, I should wish against the Cardinals since I'm a Cubs fan, but I'm not going to root against them, I wouldn't cry if they win the WS. I'm hoping the Phillies go on to play the Brewers just because I think it's an interesting match up, but from there I hope the Phillies make it to play in the World Series.

I'd love for it to come down to a battle of Tigers vs Phillies, it'd make for a much more enjoyable WS than last year's. Two classic teams both deserving of the championship title.

So who is following the post season and who are you hoping to see in the WS? Who are you hoping to win?

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd really like to see the Texas Rangers make it, but after the Game one loss to the Rays it's not looking to good. I'm going to go out on a limb here and call Detroit vs Milwaukee in the World Series. Milwaukee wins their first World Series!!

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd really like to see the Texas Rangers make it, but after the Game one loss to the Rays it's not looking to good. I'm going to go out on a limb here and call Detroit vs Milwaukee in the World Series. Milwaukee wins their first World Series!!

My brother is rooting for the Brewers. I can't say I'd be upset if they took it, though. There's a lot of deserving teams in the race this year.

Cards over Tigers in 5, just like last time :)

Ha, I'd be ok with that, I'd just prefer to see other teams go.

We're considering going to St Louis next spring or summer to watch some Cubs games. Still a long way out, but if we do I'll let you know in case you'd want to tag along.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pulling for Philly this year. I'm a huge Astros fan and they got 2 of my favorite players on that squad. Oswalt and Pence. Both those guys deserve a ring. Plus I am an NL guy all the way. Love the Rangers but I prefer the NL style over the AL style. Guess I just like real baseball!

Side note, did anyone see the first pitch at the rangers game tonight? Pretty emotional stuff:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/bi...-delivers-first-pitch-before-?urn=mlb-wp21720

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its either going to be cards over tigers in 5 or cards over yanks in 7. Its '06 all over again, we are hot at the end of the season with some good out of nowhere players. Bringing it back to St. Louis in '11. GO CARDS!

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its either going to be cards over tigers in 5 or cards over yanks in 7. Its '06 all over again, we are hot at the end of the season with some good out of nowhere players. Bringing it back to St. Louis in '11. GO CARDS!
Thats it Brother. I went with my dad to see them in the finals in 06. I hope to go this year. There is nothing like sitting in the stadium with one of those big STL stadium burgers, a cold beer, and the Arch looking over the back field. Just thinking about it, makes me want to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom