Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't really think those 66% stayed in their/homes and apartments and NEVER interacted with anyone or left their home/apt do you. The Governor didn't seal them in their homes and apartments and post guards to watch them. I bet they interacted with their neighbors and their relatives. They didn't have kids and grandkids they had contact with? I bet they went out to shop or to just get some fresh air. It's just more BS fro Cuomo

Kind of shows the possibility of the futility of shelter in place in certain areas doesn't it? Or at least doing it half azz.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Satellite pics of empty cruise ships waiting for passengers.

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F05%2F2523523552-1.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1588880178878-5-5.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
As I promised last night, here is the case that the virus has been engineered. It would help if you had taken at least introductory biology to be able to wade through the terminology....sry. Go to 28:30 - 32:00 or so to get the main point.

The fellow presenting the information is a virologist (claims to be and I have no reason to suspect otherwise). He documents that this sort of research has been done many times in many labs and that the denials being issued by many virologists are an effort to obfuscate their culpability - "Enhancement of function" research is dangerous and controversial but those favoring it argued that the benefits of learning how to better combat potentially dangerous viruses outweighed the risks. They bet that high tech labs could safely contain such modified viruses. It appears that they lost the bet. Seemingly they overestimated the professionalism of their colleagues in China and were too excited about doing research into the many bat viruses that were available there. Reports are that the lab in Wuhan received U.S. funding and French design help.

Odds are that the COVOD virus will either stay at or reduce down to an "acceptable" level of fatality and harm but I do not believe anyone knows this for sure or how long the process will take. The history of the Spanish Flu is useful (the second wave in winter being much worse than the first) but that virus was not an enhanced one. We appear to be in new territory.

I watched that entire video and although it was pretty technical I was able to pay attention all the way through because he kept mentioning cleavage.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe your folks should come run it for us . . . :)

Is the field app you mentioned a proprietary app or something available to other businesses?
It's proprietary. We built it to work within our current app our warehouses and field staff use.

If anyone is seriously interested, I can put you in contact with our Director of IT that built our app. He is a whiz at that kind of stuff and can put together a software solution that you could use if you were serious about wanting a way to track that info.

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I see a potential business opportunity.

There are plenty of small businesses lacking the expertise and knowledge to implement the precautions and safety measures you have described.
Many of them would be happy to hire an independent contractor to jumpstart their risk mitigation plan.
I spoke with our Director of IT who built our system, and he said that it wouldn't be too terribly complicated to built a solution to do this for other companies. Thermometers, masks, cleaning supplies, etc. would be needed to support this effort, but we could put together the software solution to record and report this data. It could be uploaded to the app store for anyone to download, and we can set up a simple & secure web based reporting interface. DM me if you know of anyone interested. I'll put them in touch with my team and they can discuss their needs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't really think those 66% stayed in their/homes and apartments and NEVER interacted with anyone or left their home/apt do you. The Governor didn't seal them in their homes and apartments and post guards to watch them. I bet they interacted with their neighbors and their relatives. They didn't have kids and grandkids they had contact with? I bet they went out to shop or to just get some fresh air. It's just more BS fro Cuomo
We don't know that, but your guess could hold merit.
What it did bring out is that the people like first responders, delivery people, etc that were out in it all the time had less instances of infection than those ordered to stay home and shelter in place. That brings up the question why?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say this, the LAST thing I want to do right now is to take a vacation where I'm on lockdown.
What's sad is that the crews on those cruise ships are currently being held prisoner. No country will let them offload other than their home country's and they will be in immediate quarantine. The crew is so diverse in nationality that they won't make the trip to offload them one at a time in their country of residence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom