Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Three people in the White House working close to the big wheels have now tested positive.

They were not wearing masks, nor were Trump and Pence. “Bad for photo ops, inconvenient...the daily testing of everyone should take care of it.”.... We may now see some unfortunate effects.

“Masks for thee, but not for me”....

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Three people in the White House working close to the big wheels have now tested positive.

They were not wearing masks, nor were Trump and Pence. “Bad for photo ops, inconvenient...the daily testing of everyone should take care of it.”.... We may now see some unfortunate effects.

“Masks for thee, but not for me”....

Why does this come as any surprise Dale, lots of folks have it, even those that wore full ppe have gotten it, and you or nobody else can prove that masks would have prevented it. It's like wearing a mesh shirt to protect you from mosquitoes imo.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it a surprise or important? I hope you are correct and I am wrong.
Looking at things on a worldwide basis, some leaders would agree with you completely. (Brazil, Sweden)
Other leaders would disagree with you completely and are wearing masks I would bet. (Taiwan, Hong Kong, S Korea, Thailand)
Let’s see how it turns out.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did an Alaskan cruise and land tour in 2005. It wasn't all seniors on that one. Personally, I wouldn't want to do a cruise where one is at sea for days. The Alaskan cruises seem to all go up the Inside Passage, so there is a lot to see, generally on both sides of the ship. There is also all kinds of other marine craft that draws one's attention.

This is the only one I'd consider doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Alaskan cruise at the end of May last year was great. Average age was probably upper 30's I would guess. Lot's of kids. Probably depends greatly on the time of year what the age group is. I would imagine, of course there's no winter Alaskan cruises though.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alaskan cruise at the end of May last year was great. Average age was probably upper 30's I would guess. Lot's of kids. Probably depends greatly on the time of year what the age group is. I would imagine, of course there's no winter Alaskan cruises though.

Correct on your last sentence. At some point, they tend to do a "transition" cruise to Hawaii and back in the Spring or late Fall. Winter time is when they tend to do Mexico and South.

Our cruise was taken at the last of June and early July. We were lucky in that we got in and out before the mosquitoes got bad. Cruised up for 7 days from Vancouver to Seward, AK, then a train to Anchorage and a few days there. Then by bus to Denali area before going on to Fairbanks and flying back to the states. Cruise and land tour with Royal Caribbean on their Vision of the Seas and their railcar from Seward to Anchorage and their bus the rest of the way.

(Pics at my Smugmug site.)

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Correct on your last sentence. At some point, they tend to do a "transition" cruise to Hawaii and back in the Spring or late Fall. Winter time is when they tend to do Mexico and South.

Our cruise was taken at the last of June and early July. We were lucky in that we got in and out before the mosquitoes got bad. Cruised up for 7 days from Vancouver to Seward, AK, then a train to Anchorage and a few days there. Then by bus to Denali area before going on to Fairbanks and flying back to the states. Cruise and land tour with Royal Caribbean on their Vision of the Seas and their railcar from Seward to Anchorage and their bus the rest of the way.

(Pics at my Smugmug site.)

We did Norwegian, it was great and I'd do it again, different itinerary and ports if possible but I'd do it again.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Wuhan Institute of Virology was toured by U.S. technical experts in 2018. Our experts warned the State Department that safety standards were dangerously lax. Here is a photo documenting the visit: B4B94ADC-7C9F-40A2-A2B5-DFB60FDDC0B2.jpeg
Another photo showing inadequate protective gear when bats were collected and samples collected:
DE03929F-FB2F-4773-9985-D8BEE77BDDB7.jpeg
The state of the art lab, capable of conducting bio-weapons research, was built with French technical assistance. In typical Chinese Communist Party fashion, the promise made to the French of joint research programs and ongoing cooperation were broken, once they had stolen the design and needed technical information.
Full details in this video:

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only if huskies were pulling the ship. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom