Official OSA COVID-19/Corona Virus Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be your first then. I had a sore arm for a week with bruising and swelling. Ran a temp the first night after the shot and was lethargic for a couple of days after taking the first shot of Moderna.
I got a signed card and must take it back to the clinic for the second dose. I'm not looking forward to round two. I'm reading some cannot get out of bed for a couple of days like a severe case of the flu, but I'll take it.

Maybe you have already had Covid and didn't know it. Neurosurgeon told us that he had such a reaction after the first shot that he thinks he had already had it and wasn't even aware of it. @Okie4570 tested positive for the antibodies and never even knew he had it. Numerous people, including doctors, have told us to expect much greater reaction to the second dose. Our daughter had nothing but a bit of a sore arm after the first dose. After the second one, she started developing symptoms about eleven hours later. She got the shot about 8:30AM and started showing symptoms about 7:30 that evening. She had a low grade fever (99.7) throughout the night and terrible body aches. Next morning, add neck pain and a terrible headache. She said about Noon time, it was almost like somebody flipped a switch and she started feeling much better.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Numerous studies have found that masks help protect the wearers as well as those around them from the virus that causes Covid-19...

Hmmm. Wall Street Journal article:

https://apple.news/AyVVcwmlcToWtcgWvURgA7A
Even more studies show that simply supporting your immune system is a solid way to prevent any infection from any virus.
Thats what I choose to do.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s nonsense. If we could alter dna with an injection, we would have cured a few dozen genetic diseases by now. So it appears you only research one side of the debate, instead of real scientific inquiry. Would have more credibility if you tackled all claims instead of just the ones that fit your political opinions. I’m a conservative & agree the politicians are corrupt. But I work with covid patients & MDs and see a lot of misinformation on both sides. So, I’ll comment on my experience with supporting opinions regardless of ideology
The changes are not engineered so they cant do anything productive with it.
Its does mess with DNA in ways that nature never intended.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s nonsense. If we could alter dna with an injection, we would have cured a few dozen genetic diseases by now. So it appears you only research one side of the debate, instead of real scientific inquiry. Would have more credibility if you tackled all claims instead of just the ones that fit your political opinions. I’m a conservative & agree the politicians are corrupt. But I work with covid patients & MDs and see a lot of misinformation on both sides. So, I’ll comment on my experience with supporting opinions regardless of ideology

just because those topics that YOU picked out are not on my plate, which stays full. does not mean I only tackle one side.

science stands or falls on it's own merits. why don't you present actual evidence to support your case on those two topic?

to me what's been missing are politicians and/or who ever are in charge of invoking policies without providing actual evidence said mandate will actually work.

example: before mandate everyone should wear a mask in public. actual evidence should be provided that masks prevents spread of C19.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe you have already had Covid and didn't know it. Neurosurgeon told us that he had such a reaction after the first shot that he thinks he had already had it and wasn't even aware of it. @Okie4570 tested positive for the antibodies and never even knew he had it. Numerous people, including doctors, have told us to expect much greater reaction to the second dose. Our daughter had nothing but a bit of a sore arm after the first dose. After the second one, she started developing symptoms about eleven hours later. She got the shot about 8:30AM and started showing symptoms about 7:30 that evening. She had a low grade fever (99.7) throughout the night and terrible body aches. Next morning, add neck pain and a terrible headache. She said about Noon time, it was almost like somebody flipped a switch and she started feeling much better.

Yeah I had it about 2 months prior to my first Moderna shot. The three other guys that went the same day as I for the first shot had also had covid between June and October. Of the four of us, I'm the only one that didn't run a fever, have uncontrollable chills and aches for about 10-12 hours after the second shot. My shoulder was just more sore than after the first one.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
COVID inpatient totals for 9-location hospital system in OK:
2021.02.05 - 164; 58% occupancy
2021.01.27 - 185
2021.01.05 - 305

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The changes are not engineered so they cant do anything productive with it.
Its does mess with DNA in ways that nature never intended.

it doesn’t enter the nucleus of our cells (where our dna is kept). It doesn’t interact or alter with our dna in any way. It gives instructions to our immune cells, then it is broken down & destroyed. No DNA involvement.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it doesn’t enter the nucleus of our cells (where our dna is kept). It doesn’t interact or alter with our dna in any way. It gives instructions to our immune cells, then it is broken down & destroyed. No DNA involvement.

please provide actual evidence that supports above. since DNA seems to be on top of your interests.
this request should be easy. vs for me I'd be starting almost from scratch.

so help me get up to speed ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom