Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Questions for Biggsly and Pulp:

For Biggsly, the question is the usual one....where?

For Pulp, what camera and lens are you using for those?

Now, for one of our latest excursions, we went four-wheeling with our nephew, his mother, and a friend of his from Albuquerque. Our nephew, his mother and my wife are in the front Jeep in these pictures, while I'm in the rear one with the friend from Albuquerque. I don't have pictures of the roughest parts of the journey because I was trying to hold on and not let the camera get banged around.

We went west out of Colorado Springs on Gold Camp Road and then took to the rougher side trails.

While we hadn't hit the roughest parts yet, I thought that these folks were quite "brave"(?) to hazard the roads I did see with a pop-up camper equipped with small diameter wheels. But, Hey!!!! They gotta love camping.

More of the trail to.....

...see views like this.

You know, with the loan of my nephew's Jeep, I just might get into the idea of doing a bit of this "traveling" myself.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool pics Terry. You are making me jealous. lol I took that on a hike around Cimarron. Went back up into an area we had never been before and ran into some really pretty water areas.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool pics Terry. You are making me jealous. lol I took that on a hike around Cimarron. Went back up into an area we had never been before and ran into some really pretty water areas.

Considering photos that you've posted in the past, I actually did figure somewhere in northern New Mexico or southern Colorado. As for being jealous, wait and see if you still are after I start reporting snow depths and temperatures this winter here in the Colorado Springs/Canon City area.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terry, I'm using a Canon Rebel XS. All three of these were taken with a Canon 75-300 lens. I got lucky on the dragonfly. On the red wasp I had it set on around 150 or so mm. Exposure was 1/800 second.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis,

Nope. We are still in between Colorado Springs and Canon City at Mountaindale Cabins and RV Resort. It's located about 20 miles southwest of Colorado Springs.

Pulp,

That's a good combination, even though I've grown to prefer the Nikons, especially after getting the D700 and begun to really use the f2/8 lenses. The 70-200mm one is used mostly for the wildlife pictures that I've taken and the 24-70mm for scenic shots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom