Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the good guys. I let 'em be.
Yep
IMG_20240827_081418859_HDR.jpg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the good guys. I let 'em be.

She has made herself at home right on the front porch. I have no plans to evict her at all. As a matter of fact, I enjoy watching her. A couple of days ago I was able to watch her as a fly got caught in the web. I'm amazed at how fast they move...like lightning...and how quickly this spider consumes the catch.

I took that picture right after 10am this morning. By 3:30 or 4pm that entire bug was gone. I tried to find any remnant of it on the ground but couldn't. The grasshopper was as big as the spider and she finished it off completely in a couple of hours. I didn't know they can eat something that big, that fast. We have several around here and I just leave them alone.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_4646.jpeg
I climbed up on top of this rock pile to get a better vantage point while I was antelope hunting.
IMG_4645.jpeg

I wasn’t the first hunter to have that idea. I found these near the top of the outcropping. Neither could have gotten there naturally. Top piece is alibates, quarried 120 miles south of where I found it. The bottom piece is some kind of quartzite, probably native to that place.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lighthouses of Lake Superiors North Shore.

First off the ship canal in Duluth that is the entrance for the ore and other ships. Some 1000’ long or more.

View attachment 506382
View attachment 506383View attachment 506384

Just up the coast to the North is Two Harbors that is also a large facility that ships ore from the iron range of Minnesota.

View attachment 506389View attachment 506388

Further North is Shiprock. It’s been completely restored and operational except for the fog horns that could cause hearing damage.
The light was so powerful that it alerted ships 20 miles into the lake. The beacon rests in a pool of Mercury and is rotated from above.

View attachment 506391View attachment 506392
Youtube has some great Duluth harbor webcams. I love watching the big freighters roll in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom