Official Random Photo Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_5909.jpeg
Wednesday morning storm blew a huge Pecan tree cluster across the best trail to my feeders. :cry11: Used my walk behind brush mower to make a detour.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 490638Wednesday morning storm blew a huge Pecan tree cluster across the best trail to my feeders. :cry11: Used my walk behind brush mower to make a detour.
Sure hate to lose a tree like that!!
Maybe someone wants some wood for smoking and would be willing to help remove it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure hate to lose a tree like that!!
Maybe someone wants some wood for smoking and would be willing to help remove it.
In the storm a few weeks ago at my place here in east TX, I lost a dozen giant oaks that are irreplaceable, and other than getting a couple off fences, I haven’t had time to even start cleaning up the mess.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the storm a few weeks ago at my place here in east TX, I lost a dozen giant oaks that are irreplaceable, and other than getting a couple off fences, I haven’t had time to even start cleaning up the mess.
If they are that large I would be looking at cutting into log length, then milling into lumber. Oak is expensive, I have a cousin with 100 acres of large oaks that has turned them into a retirement income. He bought a sawmill, cuts into rough cut lumber, varying widths, lengths and thickness. Sells several trailer loads a year to cabinet shops, hobbie stores, lumber yards. A 16ft trailer loaded with oak boards can bring $7 - $20k depending on grade.

Latest posts

Top Bottom