Oh, happy day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now, keep making those payments to yourself! This way you'll have a head start on the next vehicle, or to pay for major repairs to this one. Even start a new bank account to hold the money so you're not as tempted to use this money.

Congrats!!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now, keep making those payments to yourself! This way you'll have a head start on the next vehicle, or to pay for major repairs to this one. Even start a new bank account to hold the money so you're not as tempted to use this money.

Congrats!!

I thought about that, but instead I'm gonna apply it to my house payment. Hopefully I can knock a few years off of it.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He grew up through the Depression, post-WWII, Dad always taught us that if you don't have the cash in your pocket, you can't afford it.....often even if you have the cash. Never have paid a cent in interest, payments. Dad paid all my college expenses....as long as I had enough to cover the costs in my account. Co-oped through college. Had a good nest egg starting adulthood. Put all those interest payments in my own pocket. Amazing how many costs one avoids with that financial philosophy.....and hard work.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about that, but instead I'm gonna apply it to my house payment. Hopefully I can knock a few years off of it.
Make sure you mark it "principal payment only". Otherwise the bank will do one of a couple of things -- which I don't feel like typing our right now -- but it amounts to them making sure the payment is applied in a manner so that they can make the most money off you as they can.

Find an online calculator. You will be FLABBERGASTED at how much you will save yourself by paying your mortgage off early.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you mark it "principal payment only". Otherwise the bank will do one of a couple of things -- which I don't feel like typing our right now -- but it amounts to them making sure the payment is applied in a manner so that they can make the most money off you as they can.

Find an online calculator. You will be FLABBERGASTED at how much you will save yourself by paying your mortgage off early.

Yeah, my payment slip, that I personally take the bank with my check each and every month, has a box where you can write in the amount you want applied to pricipal only. I've been rounding it up to the nearest dollar since we bought this house 14 years ago.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yep, we paid our mortgage off a few months ago. We timed it so we would have that money for when the kids started college and our oldest is graduating high school shortly.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, we paid our mortgage off a few months ago. We timed it so we would have that money for when the kids started college and our oldest is graduating high school shortly.

Outstanding! :clap3:

My father said paying off your home and car(s) is crucial to achieving a happy retirement.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, my payment slip, that I personally take the bank with my check each and every month, has a box where you can write in the amount you want applied to pricipal only. I've been rounding it up to the nearest dollar since we bought this house 14 years ago.

Smart man! Now quit buying so many damn Olights!

Latest posts

Top Bottom