OHP Trooper slaps pretentious goober's phone out of his hand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's ironic to me is that I've seen several here lose their cool on an internet board, yet say it's easy to ignore these kids when they are in your face.

I agree, I have lost my cool many times before on this forum, however this is not my job, Im not a public servant, there's no department to be scrutinized by my actions. If you can't control your temper with something so minor as that kids mouth, maybe its time for a new career. The proper way to have handled that was to simply arrest him for invading his personal space, not destroy personal property simply because you cant control your temper. I've come across OCPD and OHP officers with attitudes just like that and I promise you it was very different at night, on some road with no cameras and no witnesses. A simple why did you pull me over turned into a very nasty situation because the officer had a very short temper and no leash on it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the case of a traffic stop or other scenario, I'd be quicker to side with the "victim" than the officer. But it's clear this kid wanted to be in the "oppressed by the fascist Hi-Po" crowd.

My thread was not about the officer, or about what the kid was doing...it's his take on the situation after it happened. I know these types of people, this is my generation. I don't have an issue with their politics or opinions or them expressing them however they want. The part that annoys me is they think they are the fawking Tiananmen Square Tank Man or something because they get up in the face of the Warden from Cool Hand Luke there and annoy him until he slaps their phone.

That's like comparing not being seated at a restaurant because it's busy to people not being seated for their skin color during segregation. It's lame, silly and disingenuous. He wasn't protesting, and a cop wasn't oppressing him. He was being an annoying until it elicited a very human reaction from a...human. They need to talk to someone who has protested in another country, or in the U.S. 40+ years ago until they realize they aren't doing anything remotley close to that in 2012 America. Don't get me wrong, it's great those days are gone, but pretending they're not for the cool factor of "being oppressed and assaulted" is lame as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The officer was completely in the wrong to do that. When you are an LEO, you have to be above the petty stuff. really bad decision, but at least he didn't shoot the guy. I'm not an occupier, but they have a right to do it. They have a right to video police actions. By slapping the guy's phone, he not only violated this guy's civil rights, but also destoyed his property, not cool.

BTW, if the kid had slapped the cops phone, he would be in jail for assaulting a police officer.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, if the kid had slapped the cops phone, he would be in jail for assaulting a police officer.
As he should be.

What's the saying about poking a tiger with a stick? The officer probably shouldn't have done that, but the kid was practically begging him to. It took him much longer to do it than it would have taken me, and I'm pretty mellow dude. However, my kids would tell you my "smartazz kid threshold" is pretty low.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Title 1983 Action

Probably go nowhere, but the trooper shouldn't have slapped the phone out of his hand. That being said, I've rarely seen someone more annoying than that kid.

The trooper gave the kid what he wanted....a reaction.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if the little mangy bedwetter went home and logged the event in his book of 'Major Hurts' that the trooper "squeezed and pulled and hurt my neck".

Ps. More video of the lady trooper please.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious at what point you guys think the trooper would have had the "right" to defend himself? Did he have to actually make contact with the trooper's face? There has been talk on here before about how fast a knife can do serious damage. Granted Mr. Dumbass there couldn't find his way out of a wet paper back but that's irrelevant -- at least until JB takes his case and defends him in a court of law.

This is why I could never do GC's job ... I would have mopped the asphalt with that little chat ...

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious at what point you guys think the trooper would have had the "right" to defend himself? Did he have to actually make contact with the trooper's face? There has been talk on here before about how fast a knife can do serious damage. Granted Mr. Dumbass there couldn't find his way out of a wet paper back but that's irrelevant -- at least until JB takes his case and defends him in a court of law.

This is why I could never do GC's job ... I would have mopped the asphalt with that little chat ...

Your post has nothing to do with the hotness of the lady trooper and therefore has been ruled irrelevant.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your post has nothing to do with the hotness of the lady trooper and therefore has been ruled irrelevant.

lol ... funny I thought the trooper doing the slapping should, at the very least, have been shirtless, for my own personal pleasure! ;) GC says he is a really cool customer. Methinks there is more to the story than Momma's little bedwetter wants you to know ... but then, isn't there always??

(BTW, in case it gets me brownie points ... I've met her and I KNOW the other brunette who is smoking HAWT!! She's a sweetie pie ... until you "create a situation"! LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom