Oil Price Per BBL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious, but know little about macro-economics so I really have no idea. Concerned? Not so much, but then they say ignorance is bliss. My wife says I must be one happy damn guy then.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not terribly concerned about oil prices, Once the price reaches the actual lifting cost it will go back up. The OPEC countries are apparently a little pissed that the Shale Oil folks are so successful and are now trying to price them out so they go away/bankrupt etc. I am sure it could bankrupt some of them, but it wont eliminate them completely. We will gladly keep our oil in the ground and buy OPEC oil at the low price until the price increases. Oil will increase within the next 12/24 months.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The oilfield guys I know think OPEC is trying to slow down shale oil production in NA. Especially among all the smaller companies that have started up. The shale oil is not profitable at $60 oil. Temporary relief. Fuel will return to $3-4 in no time. Actually diesel hasn't dropped much if any.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am. But its nothing new for me as a mineral rights owner. Ride out another wave, or cycle.

Read where Mr Hamm lost another $5 billion, but not by divorce, his worth dropped from $10 to 5 billion recently. I dont feel so bad.

Last edited:

ChoZen1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
it is concerning. we are on the front end side of things. We have seen 50-60% less bids this year than last for 4th quarter. A lot of the smaller operators are simply not doing anything because it is not economical.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once the lower oil prices push Russia into a recession, and the Fed lifts interest rates in the U.S., doing the same here, we can go to war to "save" the Ukraine, and install a central bank in Russia.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It scares the hell out of me. Not because it really has an affect on anything but the price of things related to oil but because of the dagger of fear that it puts into a lot of folks who act like a low oil price will take the last breath away from their life. The pigion theory of fear can cause the panic to affect every market; not just the oil E & P business.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just talked to the wife about this and she said she is swamped working on quotes to customers domestic and overseas for the products they manufacture and sell in Tulsa to refineries. I remember years when oil prices had dipped and they werent building much now they cant build them fast enough.

ad-4.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The oilfield guys I know think OPEC is trying to slow down shale oil production in NA. Especially among all the smaller companies that have started up. The shale oil is not profitable at $60 oil. Temporary relief. Fuel will return to $3-4 in no time. Actually diesel hasn't dropped much if any.

For some companies it's not. Harold Hamm, CEO of Continental Resources recently said that he could make money with oil at $50. He also dropped ALL of his hedges so he's totally exposed now and he did that a few weeks after making that comment. Is he playing poker with the Saudis? Time will tell...

Latest posts

Top Bottom