OK, I just have to rant a bit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday, wifey was headed to work when she was rear-ended while stopped at the traffic signal at Britton and Rockwell. The guy was driving "his brother's car" a 2018 champagne colored Honda. The driver gave my wife his DL which she took a picture of and the expired insurance card. He offered her $1,000 if she wouldn't report the accident. She said he was reeking of booze and called the cops. Long story short, he "forgot" something in his car and left the scene. Funny thing, he was late for work headed west on Britton but left eastbound. The cop finally showed up and gave her a case number. It appeared only minor damage was done to our car. Appeared being the operative word. She was driving home and someone tailgated her. Her rear sensors were screwed up and the car applied the brakes. It also applies the brakes when backing up and she can only crawl in reverse.

Sure enough, the General said the guy's insurance was not in effect at the time of the accident. Wifey is Sooooo Pissssssed! She is going to get an estimate then she is "going after that $%^&* as%^ole!"

I told her the $1,000 was probably counterfeit.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to court and get a ruling in your favor.
Does not force him to pay.
You must then go to court again and get a garnishment on his wages.
If he works at a real paying job.

He he is on any gov. assistance you can't garnish those peoples wages you are dead in the water.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can go to the PD and get the paperwork to file with the state for this. Doesn’t cost you anything. They will suspend their license until you are paid for damages.

This right here, I cant recall the exact way to do it, but you can have his license suspended, if he gets stopped he gets popped.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The major influx of illegals, plus the outlandish inflation created by Pedo Joe, lots of drivers are without insurance. It comes down to food and keeping the lights on or insurance; it's an easy choice, up to the point of goobermint forcing the issue.

Not saying the jackwad wasn't in the wrong, but this scenario occurs multiple times per day.

Turn it in to your insurance and let them deal with it.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not hit and run. they exchanged DL's and vehicle information. She knows the identity of the driver. The rat bahstard drove off to avoid a DUI.
I don't know, but it seems like he should have been required to wait for the police if they had been called, if for nothing else to verify the license and ins?

Latest posts

Top Bottom