OK, I just have to rant a bit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leave it to your insurance to "go after" the car owner. That is what you pay them for.
That only works if 1) the other person had valid insurance and 2) they (the car owner or their insurance) actually respond to your insurance.

Last year my wife and I were in Dallas and ended up getting side swiped on I-35. We pulled over with the person who hit us, got their information, took pictures and called the cops. It was a rainy day in Dallas, so of course it was going to take forever for any cop to show up. The other party refused to wait and we had no reasonable timeline as to when the cops were going to show up. We ended up calling the non-emergency number back and telling them that we couldn't get the other person to stay and asked what we should do. They told us that we wouldn't be able to file a report without the other party. I now believe that we should have insisted that we get at least a one sided report on file. That was our mistake.

Tried to file on the other party's insurance (surprisingly was valid insurance), but the guy would absolutely never respond to his insurance. As such, his insurance said that they can not accept responsibility for the accident because they only have our side of the story. Filed with our insurance and had them go after his insurance. Got our car fixed and was out about $1000 in deductibles and car rental that should have been reimbursed when they got money back from the other person's insurance. Lo and behold, he wouldn't respond to our insurance either. Eventually our insurance told us that we were on the hook for the deductible and rental because they couldn't get prove that it was the other person's fault. I bought a dash cam that day and installed it that weekend. I will never leave an accident again without a police report and I will do absolutely anything I can to make sure the other party keeps their slimy 8ss there until the report is filed.

Even now, over a year later, just writing that out makes me want to track down every single person that was involved in this that screwed us over and pour alcohol down their urethra.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That only works if 1) the other person had valid insurance and 2) they (the car owner or their insurance) actually respond to your insurance.

Last year my wife and I were in Dallas and ended up getting side swiped on I-35. We pulled over with the person who hit us, got their information, took pictures and called the cops. It was a rainy day in Dallas, so of course it was going to take forever for any cop to show up. The other party refused to wait and we had no reasonable timeline as to when the cops were going to show up. We ended up calling the non-emergency number back and telling them that we couldn't get the other person to stay and asked what we should do. They told us that we wouldn't be able to file a report without the other party. I now believe that we should have insisted that we get at least a one sided report on file. That was our mistake.

Tried to file on the other party's insurance (surprisingly was valid insurance), but the guy would absolutely never respond to his insurance. As such, his insurance said that they can not accept responsibility for the accident because they only have our side of the story. Filed with our insurance and had them go after his insurance. Got our car fixed and was out about $1000 in deductibles and car rental that should have been reimbursed when they got money back from the other person's insurance. Lo and behold, he wouldn't respond to our insurance either. Eventually our insurance told us that we were on the hook for the deductible and rental because they couldn't get prove that it was the other person's fault. I bought a dash cam that day and installed it that weekend. I will never leave an accident again without a police report and I will do absolutely anything I can to make sure the other party keeps their slimy 8ss there until the report is filed.

Even now, over a year later, just writing that out makes me want to track down every single person that was involved in this that screwed us over and pour alcohol down their urethra.
My vehicle was hit and totaled. The other person had no insurance. My insurance gave me my money less the deductible. Two years later I get a check in the mail for that deductible.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Contact DPS Financial Responsibility office with your information. If they can verify that the driver had no license and insurance they can suspend/cancel and flag the license of both the driver and the owner of the car the if the actual owner wasn’t the driver. The license tag can also be canceled and a trooper can be sent to their house to remove their tags.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Champagne Honda Accord -- preferred color and make of sedans driven by independent convenience and liquor store owners -- although in those cases, the cars are usually considerably older than 2018

Interesting the guy was heading TO work while reeking of booze

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE:
She cannot back up without going into a coma because the damn sensors are screwed up and the damn thing keeps applying the brakes when she's trying to apply the gas.

Effin cars!
Better keep on it = a good friend In Bartlesville just told me his 2019 Genesis started having problems, AND the bottom line is 10K to fix/replace 2 electronic components, and $500 to remove bumper to diagnose, and just out of warranty (30K mileage) - 1 month wait.. THEY SAY. So it could get EXPENSIVE. Think I’ll keep my 2012 Tundra - GOOD LUCK! 🤞👍

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Contact DPS Financial Responsibility office with your information. If they can verify that the driver had no license and insurance they can suspend/cancel and flag the license of both the driver and the owner of the car the if the actual owner wasn’t the driver. The license tag can also be canceled and a trooper can be sent to their house to remove their tags.
I just called DPS. My God, what a rigmarole! My insurance company has to do this. I cannot. Just getting their phone number was like pulling teeth.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just called DPS. My God, what a rigmarole! My insurance company has to do this. I cannot. Just getting their phone number was like pulling teeth.
You didn’t expect dealing with DPS would be easy did you? Every DPS office in the nation has a difficult service reputation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom