Ok OSA I need some advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok so my five year wedding anniversary is coming up in a few week and I need to get some thing for the wife. I really need to ace this one because I really bombed her mother's day gift and she took it hard being it was her first mother's day. that being said I've read on line and everything I've seen says five years is the wood anniversary and I have some ideas but no idea where to go to get it. I was thinking of a wooden picture frame with our pet name for each other carved or engraved in it with a pic of her and our daughter. So OSA any ideas where I could get something like this done? :scratch:

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
that being said I've read on line and everything I've seen says five years is the wood anniversary

This could go bad fast.

On a more serious note, buy her some jewelry. The past mothers day was my wife's first also and I bought her a necklace that matched some ear rings I had purchased her previously. If you have a daughter jewelry is something that can be passed down from mom to daughter.

Remember fathers day is just around the corner and if you are wanting something good you better buy her something nice.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are several guys around (don't know who) that have those laser wood burners/cutters and could really make something cool for you. I've seen them setup at flea markets and craft shows, etc...

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice wooden jewelry box, with jewelry in it as a 2nd surprise

Babysit for a day, and send her off for a shopping/spa/her day. And cook dinner (or order in a quality meal)

I think Caojyn has the winning answer so far, though Glock is a close second, especially if you include a gift certificate for the spa.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice wooden jewelry box, with jewelry in it as a 2nd surprise

THIS is what I did, 33 yrs ago. Mother / Dau matching earrings is always good surprise in the box. Save the pic frames for next Mother's Day.

That day you have 11 roses delivered to her.
Card says, " 11 roses for the LOVE of my life on our anniversary. Why 11? Because the 12th and most beautiful rose is YOU!

dog house nuked, for a day or 2 anyway.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock, is on the right track. No one really knows women, but in my experience. The more thought you put into it will far out do the money. You might set her an App. up at a spa, I did this for my Wife. I had a bottle of wine, and chocolate covered strawberries there for her. One year we were tight on money, so I took a sheet of paper and taped 5 poker chips to it. Under each chip I put something different she like to do. Like one chip, 15 min back rub, another, any chick flick she wanted, and another 1 bubble bath w/wine. so on and so on. Bottom of page was, Redeemable at at anytime. A real good thing to do is, get 3 envelopes and put a different event in each one. Have her pick one and that is what you do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom