OK tax refund came as prepaid mastercard - just great

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What was "only for funds from a previous year"?
If a previous year's OK taxes were amended or filed for a year prior to 22', any refund came as a prepaid card. We had to amend my daughter's taxes from 21' and the refund that came back with the card, that was the explanation with the card.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can have your bank do it as a cash advance and deposit directly to your account. Maybe $2 fee?

Somehow, I got one from the state last year (I owed the fed 5 figures) and I drew it all out at an ATM (which I own!)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We’ve never, ever gotten an Oklahoma refund. I guess my company doesn’t withhold enough for Oklahoma each year.
Sounds like your company is doing it right, because you’re not giving them an interest-free loan over the course of the year.

FWIW, where I used to work, the accountants thought the OTC intentionally sent out screwed up tax tables to the employers.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like your company is doing it right, because you’re not giving them an interest-free loan over the course of the year.

FWIW, where I used to work, the accountants thought the OTC intentionally sent out screwed up tax tables to the employers.
It isn't the "company" that determines withholding. You make that decision, and it becomes very easy to receive either a small refund or even better a small amount due. Don't blame the company.

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently my CPA messed up since my IRS refund came as a paper check and my OK tax refund came as a prepaid Mastercard instead of electronic deposits. Quite a bit of money on a card. What a pain in the butt. I'm hoping there is a way to deposit the entire amount on the card into my credit union account.
that has happened to me too
you can take it to your bank or CU and they can pull the money off and put it in your acct

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently my CPA messed up since my IRS refund came as a paper check and my OK tax refund came as a prepaid Mastercard instead of electronic deposits. Quite a bit of money on a card. What a pain in the butt. I'm hoping there is a way to deposit the entire amount on the card into my credit union account.
the card companies sell this idea -- millions are made off gift/prepaid cards that have a few dollars left on them

Latest posts

Top Bottom