OK tax refund came as prepaid mastercard - just great

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago when both me and wife was working we always had to pay into the state at the end of the years so we both had extra took out of our checks to compensate for the year before amount we had to pay in and some extra and each year we always had to pay in more at the end of year so we quit having extra held out and the end of year we paid less

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago when both me and wife was working we always had to pay into the state at the end of the years so we both had extra took out of our checks to compensate for the year before amount we had to pay in and some extra and each year we always had to pay in more at the end of year so we quit having extra held out and the end of year we paid less
Tax is based on income. If you did not make the exact amount as the year before you cannot compare refunds or tax due.

I Husband & Wife both work them check Single or Married filing separate.

See W-4 (Attached)

Attachments

• W-4.pdf
    183.1 KB · Views: 0

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Refund? What’s that?

I’ve owed a little bit of money every year except the first couple of years I started working. I prefer it that way - let my money work for me during the year, then pay what I owe.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a previous year's OK taxes were amended or filed for a year prior to 22', any refund came as a prepaid card. We had to amend my daughter's taxes from 21' and the refund that came back with the card, that was the explanation with the card.
Just don't use it to buy a gun or ammo, Mastercard is the one that is reporting those transactions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom