Oklahoma and Surrounding Area Match List

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bk2X

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
They announced at the ipsc Tri City match yesterday that they will hold another ipsc match on the 3rd sat of the month in the afternoon for a 3 month trial period starting this month (April).

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they have made the 2nd sunday at oil cap. into a idpa starting jan. 8th instid of uspa witch had lost intrest aparitly.

It wasn't so much a lack of interest as it was the late starts, illegal stages, poor planning and other "antics". The final straw for me was getting up at 4:30am to be there by 7:30am to help set up and having to sit in the truck til 9:15 when Jack finally arrived. Make no mistake, it wasn't a lack of interest that killed that match. It was poor match management that killed it.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In June 2007, I became the interim USPSA Chairman. The two individuals who co-chaired the event for several years had decided to retire; no one stepped up to chair. I did so to keep the activity available to the shooters. Now, six and a half years and 78 matches later, I’m being attacked by a whiner.

Some of the bays at OCR&GC are not as wide/deep as what has become the standard USPSA field course bay. I had to work with what I had. Some of the bays have been improved in the last couple years, with 3-4 new big bays on the horizon, in future years.

As a reminder, COF rules for Level I matches are not the same as for other levels. This makes things easier for local clubs to put on stages. Can I absolutely say that every one of the nearly 500 stages was perfectly in line with all COF design rules? No, but I tried, within constraints of space and time.

The OCR&GC facility is a busy one and cannot allow stage buildup the day before, as is a luxury enjoyed by a few clubs. Often I’d be at the range at 6:30 AM to begin the days build out. Usually that was preceded with rising at about 5:00 AM to check over COF’s. That’s not just ONE time; that 78 times.

Was I ever not at the range by 7:30 AM? A few times perhaps. Very late, due to a home electrical failure; once.

We held matches through facility destruction, due to a tornado, that would have made most fold their tent. We built a “War Wagon” prop system to facilitate easier materials handling.

I MD’d through a major shoulder injury that haunted me for months this year. More than once I got stuck with tearing down bays by myself; a tough task for a one armed man belonging to the over-60 crowd.

I’d like to thank the several who faithfully stayed with OCR&GC USPSA. I know they enjoyed the social camaraderie and learning experience.

I’m certainly going to enjoy missing out on the antics of the few whiners.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whiner? Attacked? Neither could be further from the truth. I wasn't attacking you at all Jack. I was merely setting the story straight on why the Oil Cap USPSA match failed. You are the one that took it to a personal level by childishly calling people names. Not ONE statement I made was inaccurate. Ask ANY USPSA competitor (a.k.a. whiners by your statement) why your match failed and you will get the same story, time and time again. I guess I'm the bad guy for vocalizing the facts. You want to make this personal and call me names, then I suppose I'll respond.

The only "antics" I am aware of came from you. I recall one day where we got there early to help set up and you stopped us from building the final stage. You did this so the entire group could build the it after the walk-thru. How ridiculous. We had over 20 minutes to build that final stage and you stopped progress. Another day you had competitors build the stage, then shoot it and then tear it down before moving on to the next stage. Another day you zeroed an entire squads stage when they shot it according to the written stage description instead of what you intended as if they should have been able to read your mind.

As far as having to tear down by yourself, I'm afraid that was a product of your design. I can say, for us shooters in the OKC area, the late starts kept us from being able to stick around at the end of the match to help much. The MINIMUM of a forty-five minute late start kept many of us from being able to stick around and help with tear down past tearing down the stage we finished on.

As far as the size of the range, I'm not sure how that enters this conversation. One of my absolute favorite matches is the H&H match. Four stages at an indoor range that is limited beyond imagination when it comes to movement due to the size of the "bays". However, they manage to plan and execute an OUTSTANDING match every month.

I'm truly sorry you chose to make this personal. I, for one, hate that we lost a local club match, especially one that had been around so long.

It's ridiculous the blame is being put on the shooters instead of where it should settle. Competitors will drive ridiculous distances to shoot a match. Unfortunately, this match got to the point they wouldn't drive across town for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom