Oklahoma City Day of Resistance at the capitol, 2/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's their FaceBook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/ResistTulsa223?fref=ts

Guest speaker list:

*Sheriff Bob Colbert, Wagoner Co., Guest of Honor
*State Senator Nathan Dahm
* Bill Christiansen
* State Rep. Mike Ritze
* A field representative from Bridenstine's office will also be in attendance.

Too bad a rep from Coburn's office isn't on the list! I'll try to make this one anyway.

skycitadel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Posted for the Organizer

Please use the WEST entrance of the capitol building.

Capitol rules regarding signs, banners and flags. NOTHING can be on a stick or protestive in nature....ha ha ha I know it's a gun rally! That is the rules for inside our Capitol building. Remember no weapons of any kind...that means pocket knives!

On another note...bring your kids! Show them their State Capitol, let them hear the voice of liberty from their statesmen and take some time and show them around before or after the rally! It all begins with our local government!

I know we have some serious concealed and open carry folks who want to attend. Who also feel at a gun rally they should be carrying in support...however....please don't let that be a deterrent for not attending. It will be in your car waiting on you! You all are the best!

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Posted for the Organizer

Please use the WEST entrance of the capitol building.

Capitol rules regarding signs, banners and flags. NOTHING can be on a stick or protestive in nature....ha ha ha I know it's a gun rally! That is the rules for inside our Capitol building. Remember no weapons of any kind...that means pocket knives!

On another note...bring your kids! Show them their State Capitol, let them hear the voice of liberty from their statesmen and take some time and show them around before or after the rally! It all begins with our local government!

I know we have some serious concealed and open carry folks who want to attend. Who also feel at a gun rally they should be carrying in support...however....please don't let that be a deterrent for not attending. It will be in your car waiting on you! You all are the best!

Those are a bunch of rules for a Day of Resistance :)

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmmm, OKC rally @ the State Capitol doesn't make the Sunday Oklahoman, online anyway, but the Tulsa rally is in Section A with photos and was the lead article/photo online for much of Saturday.

Hmmmm, the Sunday Oklahoman does cover a 4th Amendment gathering about privacy and drones.

Hmmmm....

skycitadel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm, OKC rally @ the State Capitol doesn't make the Sunday Oklahoman, online anyway, but the Tulsa rally is in Section A with photos and was the lead article/photo online for much of Saturday.

Hmmmm, the Sunday Oklahoman does cover a 4th Amendment gathering about privacy and drones.

Hmmmm....

Quoting from the OKCDOR page....
Were there any News Media Crews there...????
"
Oklahoma City Day of Resistance: They were not permitted. News photography and video press interviews were if they wanted to make arrangements with the organizers or speakers. However Ron Cross who was NOT affiliated with this event and requested to speak 30 minutes before the event started, was told "no" several times...he took it upon himself to talk to the media who showed up and so I have no idea what was said. From my research he is more OK state militia type person and like I said had NO part in setting up or promoting this event. He just showed up, was told at such late notice he could not speak and then instead of getting a rally organizer or speaker he took it upon himself to speak to the press. "

Did not see this happen myself, but that was probably because I was reading my pocket constitution waiting for the event to begin.

skycitadel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Summary of Rally from my viewpoint.

Mrs. Sharon Annesley with Oklahoma Liberty Tea Party of Blanchard emceed the event

Representative Dan Fisher
A very passionate speaker as expected since he is also a pastor. Talked about the role of pastors leading their congregations in the revolutionary war. Will go to other churches and give speeches at request btw. He is behind a change in the Oklahoma Constitution HB 1026 that could make us a Constitutional carry state. Believe his bill is out of committee and is now going to the floor. Needs support...call house reps.

Rep Paul Wesslehoft House Bill 1558 would allow licensed gun owners to board a bus with their firearm without fear of reprimand. Out of committe and needs support on the floor.

Keally Brock
Self Protection and the 2nd Amendment
Is the leader of the local chapter of the Million Mothers for Gun rights? Talked about self defence and how women shouldnt have to rely on ball point pens.

Oklahoma State 2nd Amendment President Tim Gillespie
Talked about various bills. Ones that need current action are in the senate. Sen. Dahm's bills 548, 401 got moved from rules committee to public safety and have not been put on the calendar yet for that committee. Need to call chairman barrington of that committee and tell him to put Dahms bills on the calendar. These are the bills that nullify the FED from taking your guns in OK.
Also in general senate bills about guns have been stonewalled using the excuse of waiting for the Lt. Gov. report on guns and safety. Suggestion was to call Sen. Brian Bingman (R), President Pro Tempore and tell him to put gun bills in the mix. And if he uses the Lt. Gov. as excuse, then call the Lt Gov and tell him that he is being used as the excuse not to do anything about gun bills in senate.

Representative Lewis Moore 11:25-11:45
Why should we resist? How we can have victory!
He is on the new State Rights Committee and they are taking a look at all money that comes from the FED and ways that we could change the strings that are attached with that money.

Any incorrect information is my fault. Did my best to remember it all.

Will add video link when it is posted.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@skycitadel - Thanks for your last two posts about the lack of media and the event summary. Since Dahm was at the Tulsa event, your report about his various bills in the State Senate adds to what Dahm said in Tulsa. The holding of his bills awaiting LtGov Lamb's work group is BS while attempting to slip past the required dates to move legislation thru the process. I like the tactic of calling Bingman on it and including Lamb.

skycitadel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
@skycitadel - Thanks for your last two posts about the lack of media and the event summary. Since Dahm was at the Tulsa event, your report about his various bills in the State Senate adds to what Dahm said in Tulsa. The holding of his bills awaiting LtGov Lamb's work group is BS while attempting to slip past the required dates to move legislation thru the process. I like the tactic of calling Bingman on it and including Lamb.

yeah, if i understood things right most of the things I mentioned need to be acted on quickly because of the way they schedule things in the legislature. Ill be calling my state reps and sens on monday. (probably another call to coburn too)

OK2A president seemed very knowledgable about the legislation and the movement of it through the house and senate. I just joined online as a member of their group the other day and am looking forward to going to one of their meetings soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom