Oklahoma City Day of Resistance at the capitol, 2/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Tulsans rally against gun-control proposals at "Day of Resistance"*event

Tulsa mayoral candidate Bill Christiansen said he "found it hard to believe" that Mayor Dewey Bartlett would side with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg in backing sweeping gun-control laws and promised, if elected, "to be on the bully pulpit" in protecting gun-ownership rights.

Oklahomans Unite To Rally Against New Gun Laws

Tulsa mayoral candidate Bill Christiansen is against the President's proposed legislation.

"I'm here to support the rights of the citizens to bear arms, and anything that would infringe upon that, I would have to say I'm totally against," he said.

Christiansen has concealed-carry permit and said he's worried the President's plan could snowball into something bigger.

"I think there is probably a reasonable place somewhere in between the two extremes, but do I say to you, it's a slippery slope," he said.

I hope Bill Christiansen becomes Tulsa's next Mayor.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsans rally against gun-control proposals at "Day of Resistance"*event

Tulsa mayoral candidate Bill Christiansen said he "found it hard to believe" that Mayor Dewey Bartlett would side with New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg in backing sweeping gun-control laws and promised, if elected, "to be on the bully pulpit" in protecting gun-ownership rights.

Oklahomans Unite To Rally Against New Gun Laws

Tulsa mayoral candidate Bill Christiansen is against the President's proposed legislation.

"I'm here to support the rights of the citizens to bear arms, and anything that would infringe upon that, I would have to say I'm totally against," he said.

Christiansen has concealed-carry permit and said he's worried the President's plan could snowball into something bigger.

"I think there is probably a reasonable place somewhere in between the two extremes, but do I say to you, it's a slippery slope," he said.

I hope Bill Christiansen becomes Tulsa's next Mayor.

I was there and donated to his campaign against Queen Cathy. I'd urge others to do the same if they don't want to see four more years of her on the list of MAIG.

sureNsteady

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there with my two sons aged 10 and 13. It was very respectful and subdued (almost too much). I'm not a wasn't a huge fan of the religious aspects as I believe firmly in a separation of church/state. However, the "pastor" who spoke while wearing Revolutionary War costume was very good speaker. The rest of the speakers were pretty lame. There should have been petitions to sign, or something. This just seemed more like a fund raiser than a rally/demonstration. My two cents.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there with my two sons aged 10 and 13. It was very respectful and subdued (almost too much). I'm not a wasn't a huge fan of the religious aspects as I believe firmly in a separation of church/state. However, the "pastor" who spoke while wearing Revolutionary War costume was very good speaker. The rest of the speakers were pretty lame. There should have been petitions to sign, or something. This just seemed more like a fund raiser than a rally/demonstration. My two cents.

The woman who stepped up to do this (when NOBODY else did) did pretty well for a first time. With all due respect, I'd ask that you be a little less critical unless you are willing to stand up and organize something similar.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Hate to tell you this but religious/church people have just as much right to be involved in our government as anyone else. It's the government that can't be involved in religion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom